Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, mine isn't on Steam....but you don't have to be on the same platform. For example, you can play with people on PS5 when you're on PC. You just have to be on the same World in order to form a guild and be in a guild. You can play with each other cross world, but you just can't be in the same Guild (Free Company).

I also just started (level 30) and would be up for creating a character on the EU servers to join up with an EWB guild. 

I didn't plan on paying monthly until I hit level 60 but if I need to before that to unlock certain things it's something I could do. 

Depends on what you plan to do, and your interest in MMO's. FF is more about story than every other MMO that I've played, but if you're going to play it maybe once a week then it's probably not worth signing up for it. There is tons of stuff to do even for a casual player though.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kazuma KiRuki said:

Can't you play the base game + expansion for free with a trial account?

Not Endwalker. You're capped at lvl 60. here are the other restrictions for a free account.

• Free Trial players do not have to purchase licensed software to begin the trial
  • One Free Trial account may be registered to a Square Enix account as long as that account has not previously been registered to any version of the game
  • Free Trial players can purchase select in-game items from the Final Fantasy XIV Online Store during the Free Trial, but not all in-game items are available
  • Free Trial players can create up to eight playable characters, though you may only have one per world
  • Free Trial account characters have all their levels capped at sixty
  • Free Trial account characters can accrue a maximum of 300,000 gil (the currency in-game)
  • Free Trial players cannot use the “shout,” “yell,” or “tell” in-game chat options during the trial
  • Free Trial players cannot access the in-game market board during the trial
  • Free Trial players cannot trade with other players during the trial
  • Free Trial players cannot send in-game letters using the Moogle delivery service during the trial
  • Free Trial players cannot hire retainers during the trial
  • Free Trial players can join a Linkshell or cross-world Linkshell if invited, but cannot create a new one of their own
  • Free Trial players cannot create or join a Free Company during the trial
  • Free Trial players can join a party if invited or by using the Duty Finder, but cannot create one themselves
  • Free Trial players cannot create or join a PvP team or participate in The Feast (Ranked Match) and The Feast (Team Ranked Match) during the trial
  • Free Trial players cannot log into the Lodestone, the official forum, or Companion application during the trial

The list seems a bit constricting, but should you decide to purchase Final Fantasy XIV and become a paid member, all of your progress will be saved and you can continue playing the same character(s) without any restrictions.

• Thanks 1

I picked up the FF14 base game at Christmas for £9.99 and am still yet to run out of 'free' (unsubscribed) days (it came with 30, and then seemed to give me an extra 15 when I reached Lv30?). I think when it does come to the matter of monthly subscription it's definitely going to motivate me to beeline the main story as quickly as possible. But if I do that over 2 or 3 months then my total spend will still be decent 'value' regardless.

50 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

I picked up the FF14 base game at Christmas for £9.99 and am still yet to run out of 'free' (unsubscribed) days (it came with 30, and then seemed to give me an extra 15 when I reached Lv30?). I think when it does come to the matter of monthly subscription it's definitely going to motivate me to beeline the main story as quickly as possible. But if I do that over 2 or 3 months then my total spend will still be decent 'value' regardless.

There is currently a 'new world incentive' for players who join the recently added servers. You get double EXP up until level 80 and when you reach Level 30 you get 15 days bonus playtime and 1 million gil. 

4 hours ago, Ebenezer Fork said:

Yeah I did it when I first started playing....then realized there was nobody I wanted to play with on that world. This was before Data center/world travel.

That's good luck because I don't want to play with anyone ever!

Which makes it weird I was looking into an MMO :P 

8 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

That's good luck because I don't want to play with anyone ever!

Which makes it weird I was looking into an MMO :P 

Well that may be an issue. Haha. Part of the story will require you to do dungeons/trials which will involve 4-8 people. They're not really that hard but you will get people who do make it harder than it needs to be. It's a really good story though if that's all you're in it for.

I originally started playing because I got burned out on WoW and I wanted something that still felt like WoW but that I felt like I could take at my own pace (which I don't find World of Warcraft to be) and it's definitely more of a single player game than most MMO's but it still does force you to do content with some others.

8 hours ago, Ebenezer Fork said:

Well that may be an issue. Haha. Part of the story will require you to do dungeons/trials which will involve 4-8 people. 

This is no longer an issue, as you now have the option to generate a party of NPCs whenever you go into a dungeon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stokeriño said:

This is no longer an issue, as you now have the option to generate a party of NPCs whenever you go into a dungeon.

Don't you have to do the dungeon the first time before you can access that dungeon with the NPC's though? I've never used them but I thought for sure I didn't get the option until after I'd completed it with humans the first time.

12 minutes ago, Ebenezer Fork said:

Don't you have to do the dungeon the first time before you can access that dungeon with the NPC's though? I've never used them but I thought for sure I didn't get the option until after I'd completed it with humans the first time.

Nope, I've done 4 or 5 dungeons so far in the main story and have always used NPCs.

• Like 1