• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, Krabby said:

What's everyone's take on FF15? Is it worth getting on Steam/PC?

I've been considering it today but want to know what my EWB peeps think!

I played it when it first came out and I really enjoyed it. The first 70% of the game is amazing. I enjoy the combat and the bonds between the main cast. Ironically, things went off the rails when the game itself became more on rails. They've apparently fixed some of the story issues with the last bit of the game via patch, but I've not gone back to it. I'm thinking about it though, I have it downloaded on my PS5 with all the DLC ready to go. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I played it when it first came out and I really enjoyed it. The first 70% of the game is amazing. I enjoy the combat and the bonds between the main cast. Ironically, things went off the rails when the game itself became more on rails. They've apparently fixed some of the story issues with the last bit of the game via patch, but I've not gone back to it. I'm thinking about it though, I have it downloaded on my PS5 with all the DLC ready to go. 

Is the PC version in any way a downgrade? How often can you save?

I don't know the answer to the first question as I generally only buy them on consoles, but the second question, almost all the time. As long as you're not in combat, I'm pretty sure you can save anywhere.

Also, the FFXVI trailer at State of Play....OMG....

Also 6.1.5 for FFXIV comes tomorrow!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Forky said:

I don't know the answer to the first question as I generally only buy them on consoles, but the second question, almost all the time. As long as you're not in combat, I'm pretty sure you can save anywhere.

Also, the FFXVI trailer at State of Play....OMG....

Also 6.1.5 for FFXIV comes tomorrow!

Thanks! That's important to me with a rambunctious 4 year old, it's sometimes nice being able to pick it up for some shorter sessions and I always worry with games that aren't turn-based strategy ones that I will get stuck in a spot where I can't save and will need to hop into Dad mode

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, we've got a Crisis Core remake for PC, Playstation, Xbox and Switch. Rebirth is PS5 only to start with, it seems. Sony must have offered Square a lot of money over the last few years, what with FF16 being exclusive as well.

"Next winter" is possibly ambiguous, but Crisis Core coming "this winter" confirms that Rebirth is slated for winter 2023. It will almost certainly slip into 2024 because it's a shock if any big game isn't delayed.

Oh, and there's FF7 Remake on Steam. That's good news.

As a fan of the original, but one who first played it ten years ago and don't have quite the emotional attachment to it that many do, I'm OK with that in principle. If we still get to see the best locations and characters, I'm potentially on board with a different story. I saw Remake as more of a companion piece to the original game than a replacement akin to the Resident Evil remakes.

The big, creeping doubt is that Nomura is in charge, and he's never been one to shy away from making things way more complicated than they need to be.

I wonder if the third one will be called Reunion and have the two timelines merge. It seems like the obvious title, although they appear to be using that for the Crisis Core remake, so who knows? Maybe we'll find out in 2027.