Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

This is too much.

Edit: Cheated to beat Omega Weapon. With it being on PC Gamepass, the FPS is like 15, impossible to land Squall's critical hit, which means Lionheart will never activate. I tried once, did well, but messed up my timing (thanks 3x speed) and didn't get a Holy War up in time and died. Also gave up on the Card Queen Quest. 

And the end, I will only be missing the Timber Maniacs, Draw from 100 points on the map, and defeat 1000 enemies (I am short by 120. Too lazy to grind)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming from World Of Warcraft, I swear this game is a breath of fresh air. Not having to have alts in order to play different classes is probably the best thing an MMO has done. I'm not sure if other MMO's are this way but it's the best. Not to mention the community seems to be so much less toxic as well.

I will say though, I've never seen so many people actually roleplaying in a RPG before. I know that's what they come from, but RPing in WoW is more of a meme than anything but it seems to be a lot of Final Fantasy. (You don't have to of course, but it's just strange to me to see how many actually do it)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Is it multiplayer?

Yup, it's their second foray into an MMO. It's actually really good, and that's coming from someone who HATES MMOs. And the whole base game + first expansion is available free now (with account limitations).  I kinda burnt myself out on it, sadly... went hard on it for a few months doing the base game (before they cut the excess fat) and first expansion, that by the time I just started the second I had no more motivation. I hope to go back and do more down the line, as I've heard the last expansion has just one of the best stories in gaming.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, it's not your typical MMO. They've done a lot to keep the elitist type of people out of it. It's built more around a story than most MMO's including World Of Warcraft, which has a story but it's become very repetitive in nature. 

It does have raiding/Dungeons but they've got different levels. Most dungeons are 4 man dungeons where you need a tank, a healer and a couple DPS. They have 8 man raids but they also have 24 man ones as well. They have harder content for those who want to push themselves but you don't really feel forced to do it.

I've very much enjoyed what I've played so far. I really enjoyed playing WoW but the community in World Of Warcraft felt so elitist that it was very hard to get anything done because you had to rely on others so if you didn't have friends who played, and you weren't playing the correct class, you were basically SOL. FF doesn't feel like that at all and from what I've seen through watching Twitch, even the more hardcore style player doesn't seem as bad as the hardcore WoW player.

• Thanks 1

Also, I forgot to mention while I was in here....today is the announcement for possibly the new expansion. I don't think it'll be out until next year but that gives me lots of time to get caught up and you could too! (Looks at @Ruki Returns and @Meacon Keaton.....and @How The Cloud Stole Christ who I know used to play WoW and enjoys a good Finale about Fantasy!)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Subject Delta said:

I've been wanting to play for a while but I feel intimidated and don't know what things to get.

It is very intimidating, and that's coming from a guy who has played countless Final Fantasies, and played World of Warcraft every day for the last four years. However, there are countless resources out there to get caught up on and when it comes to MMO's, it's all about what your goals are.

For me, when I started playing FF, I wanted to be one of the best. In reality, I'm 37 years old and I don't have the time that it would take to be one of the best against 18-20 year olds who have better reflexes, and more time to play it than I do.

So I went into FF with a whole different attitude. While I still want to do end game content eventually, I'm taking it slower. I'm enjoying the story. I'm collecting things here and there. 

There are tons of things to grind if that's what you want to do, and it can be a fun experience especially if you're playing with friends and such.

I watch streams of FF people and honestly, I don't understand half of what they're talking about. I went into my first dungeon as a tank....and couldn't figure out how to put myself into tank stance. Had no fucking clue it even existed because in WoW, it's just always there. We got through the dungeon and NOBODY yelled at me for being an idiot. I read up on what the hell I did wrong. And now I know for next time.

• Like 1

Just now, Subject Delta said:

I would probably aim for PlayStation trophies and want to be a dragoon if that helps? 😅

I don't really know what the Playstation Trophies are but Dragoon's are fun. I'm playing as a Paladin tank right now by my ultimate goal is to play as a Gunbreaker and possibly a Machinist for DPS.

Are you NA or EU?

4 hours ago, Subject Delta said:

I would probably aim for PlayStation trophies and want to be a dragoon if that helps? 😅

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/2429-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-trophy-guide

The trophies look like an awful grind. And Dragoon is a fun class from what I heard. My best friend mains the class, and the armor is top notch.

4 hours ago, Forky said:

I don't really know what the Playstation Trophies are but Dragoon's are fun. I'm playing as a Paladin tank right now by my ultimate goal is to play as a Gunbreaker and possibly a Machinist for DPS.

Are you NA or EU?

I wanted to tank, but got tank anxiety. I much preferred healing. DPS was a good 'chill out and kill things' role. I did Machinist for a bit, and it was enjoyable, but my main DPS was Dancer, since it provided buffs to people. I just like supporting people. 

3 minutes ago, Ruki Returns said:

I wanted to tank, but got tank anxiety. I much preferred healing. DPS was a good 'chill out and kill things' role. I did Machinist for a bit, and it was enjoyable, but my main DPS was Dancer, since it provided buffs to people. I just like supporting people. 

Tank anxiety is definitely an issue that I have which is one of the things that stopped me doing much in WoW. I wanted to tank but I just couldn't seem to work up the nerve to do it. I'm not sure how much different it will be here, but I'm hoping the difference in the community will help me get passed that. In WoW it would be nothing for some random to fill your chat with expletives over a small mistake whereas I don't seem to see that being part of the FF community which is good.

So basically the announcement wasn't much.

-New Healer which from my research has been requested for awhile. It's a Sage which uses Ether imbued weapons to create barriers to protect your party and to attack the enemy. FF has two different types of healers right now. They have Barrier Healers and Pure Healers. Currently the astrologian is a combination and their plan with this is to change the astrologian into more of a pure healer to balance out the healers. I don't play healer but it looks pretty cool and the animations are smexy.

-The current story that started in A Realm Reborn will end in 6.0 which is the first patch of the next expansion. Patch 6.1 which is about 4 to 5 months into the next expansion will begin a completely new story. I'm intrigued by this. I don't have a lot of experience with MMO's but I know with WoW, the story has been going on for 10 expansions and they basically tread water through the expansions, revealing very little story in each patch. It's one of the things that I noticed about FF, and maybe it's only because I'm so far behind but their story just has more meat to it. (I do like WoW's Shadowlands story so far, but I won't be playing it from here so I'll have to keep up by reading.)

There will be a farming simulator type thing in the same vein as Harvest Moon added in the next expansion. You can farm, raise animals, live off the land. It kind of feels like a nice addition to the housing system that's already in place and is capturing some of the hype of Harvest Moon & Animal Crossing.

They are creating a data center travel center to allow you to move Data Centers to play with your friends. They do mention restrictions so we'll see where that is but again, coming from WoW where they try to squeeze every last cent out of you it's amazing to me that they would allow it for free at all so I'm okay with the restrictions providing they aren't super toxic.

There will be one other new job that will be revealed later in the summer. It will be a melee DPS and Yoshida has confirmed that it WILL NOT BE a Sumo Wrestler, which apparently was a lot of people's guesses.

I clicked out when they started talking about the story because I'm so far behind that I didn't want to be spoiled on the story. FF is all about the story and (unlike WoW....a lot of comparisons here I know) you can still play the complete full story without any parts missing.

Yoshida also says he's not leaving the project and if he has any say, he will be there until he can no longer do it. 

SAGE REVEAL:

• 2 weeks later...

I got a second hand copy of FF7R the other day.

It'll be the first FF title I'll be playing seriously since 4. And the first I've played at all since 13. I've seen bits of 15 too.

I also know that Remake diverges from the original.

Anyways, anyone got some non spoiler tips for me going into this. Stuff to watch out for, things I shouldn't invest xp in or whatever?

• Like 1