Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stealing from Hilgigars is, uh, fun.

Don't. Don't get me started. I've stopped so many saves because of having to steal from that cunting piece of mountain trash. At the very least, he's not as bad as Beatrix in some ways because you don't have a turn limit. The Fairy Flute CAN be obtained later in the game, but we're talking late Disc 3 if I recall correctly.

As for Versus XIII, I'm a bit let down, as it looked great. However, I'm not in the least surprised. I'd consigned it to vaporware well over a year ago.

After 2 friggin hours I accidentally killed him with a sodding counter attack.

First I miss out stealing from Zorn & Thorn because I forget they were timed and spent too long stealing from shitty Tantarian and now this. Fuck you Final Fantasy IX. You are the worst.

Still though I've not enjoyed a FF play through this much in years. IX is easily the bestest best game.

We barely finished our eulogy for Final Fantasy Versus XII when rumors started popping up around the web that Square Enix is planning to announce yet another project in the FFXIII universe.Specifically, the rumors have pegged it as Final Fantasy XIII-3. The speculation comes from the news that Square Enix will be holding an event to detail the future of Final Fantasy XIII on September 1. Given the cliffhanger-ish ending to XIII-2, some have begun to assume this will be an announcement of a sequel.

The event will also include a Final Fantasy XI musical performance, and many other stages dedicated to celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Final Fantasy series. This particular event is called "Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Saga: New Developments Presentation" and will include members of the production team behind FFXIII and XIII-2.

I don't want another game in the XIII universe :/ Let it die, SE. Move onto XV. Now!

Cliffhangerish? Fuck. Off.

MAJOR GAME ENDING SPOILERS.

The universe ended, I've grown to accept that, and am glad since FFXIII's universe wasn't that good to begin with. Let it fucking die, and move onto something else already.

You think the universe ended? What makes you think that? I just thought that Serah became the new Goddess and Lightning was her bodyguard or some shit.

But yes, let it die, move onto something else.

Something with a world map.

something with job classes.

Things that are awesome about Final Fantasy IX:

- The storyline.

- The characters.

- The battle mechanics.

- The set pieces.

- The music.

Things that are the worst thing ever about Final Fantasy IX:

- Chocobo Hot & Cold

Seriously. Chocobo Hot & Cold needs to die a slow and painful death but I'll be damned if I don't 100% this sodding game.

For perspective, time between Final Fantasy I and X, 13 and a bit years. Time between Final Fantasy X and now, 11 years almost to the day. I blame the online games. Fuck them.

....seriously? Holy fuck.

But, I suppose that can sorta be chalked up to the graphics and huge worlds they are now creating.

Edit: Rumors of XV being in development.

We all know this generation that Square-Enix has been as fast as a sloth taking his time when it comes to game development. Hell, we still haven’t even seen a full gameplay trailer for Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Still, GamesMasterUK is saying on good authority that Final Fantasy XV is in the works and has been since 2010 with Hiroyuki Ito directing.

The game is said to be a massive evolution in the series being a true-open world game with cities as massive as anything seen in the Assassin’s Creed series; complete with interactive crowds. Square-Enix President Yoichi Wada’s goal for the title is to have a world that meets or surpasses the scale of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and becomes an ever bigger media darling than fan favorite Final Fantasy VII.

Those are some lofty goals, to say the least. The title according to them is slated for current gen systems. If true, we’ll surely hear about it at this coming September’s TGS in Japan. For now though, don’t get your hopes up — this is Square-Enix we’re talking about. We’d love to be pleasantly surprised though.

I...don't think I can believe any of that. Except that maybe it has been in the works since 2010.

Dident 12 or already bring a larg open world? At least somewhat.

And we all saw how well that was received. >_>

I dunno about this. Dragons Dogma was kind of like that and the open world felt really barren. I guess it'll be far better than XIII's corridors, but I'd still rather see a world map system make a return. Though this'll be totally worth it if you can get an airship and fly it around a beautiful looking world and land where ever you want.

Things that are awesome about Final Fantasy IX:

- The storyline.

- The characters.

- The battle mechanics.

- The set pieces.

- The music.

Things that are the worst thing ever about Final Fantasy IX:

- Chocobo Hot & Cold

Seriously. Chocobo Hot & Cold needs to die a slow and painful death but I'll be damned if I don't 100% this sodding game.

The battle mechnics? I found them to be one of the worst parts of the game meself. It was slow, I had to drag around half useless characters like Eiko who I actively disliked at the best of times and the Trance system was bloody mess.

Music was nice though. And the graphics were the best of the three on the original PS1 but I thought it was the weakest out of the three.

The battle system was great. You actually had to think about who you brought into battle because everyone fought a little different. In 7 & 8, everyone was pretty much the exact same.

That was its virtue for me. Rather than dragging around Dagger or Eiko who were useless in combat save for their healing, in FF7 I could give Tifa a cure materia and have a good fighter with curing abilities in one character. I liked having as many characters with as many abilities as possible.

Plus I was rather annoyed Beatrix got off light for the multiple counts of war crimes and I think one count of attempted genocide too. Wouldn't have been so bad but she kept leaving the main party alive after lmost every damned battle she had with them.