Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who didn't really form any attachment to Aeris?

Nope! It was just like "Oh damn" and then I kept playing.

I knew she died before I played the game, so it didn't really hit me that hard.

Likewise...but even if she hadn't, I doubt I'd have been too hit by it. Surprised, maybe, but certainly not upset. She's not the kind of character I ever find myself emotionally attached to.

The one moment in a Final Fantasy game that has ever brought a tear to my eye is a guy in the Black Mage Village in IX, who tells you that his eyes hurt from staring at the sun all day. The whole Black Mage village is beautiful, and far more touching to me than any character's death ever could be.

I want to play an early FF. I've never completed any before VII. Which one should I bust out?

The Complete Collection of IV is pretty good, but you'd need a PSP for that. Obviously VI gets a lot of praise, I'm not it's biggest fan but it's definitely good.

Personally I really enjoyed the remake of the first Final Fantasy. It's a whole lot of fun and there's not a lot of story, but it's enjoyable. You can get it for GBA on an Emulator as well.

Though they're all good...

I is what it is, a simple game, mostly straight forward, though it's very questy, rather than having any story. It's the Warrior of the series, straight forward but essential to the balance.

II has a good story, but it's battle system is ridiculous, and it can be very harsh if you make the wrong decisions. It's the White Mage of the series, easy to fuck up, but you can forgive it because you appreciate it's best qualities.

III I've never played the original, only the DS and iPhone remakes. It's a good game, and it featured a lot of firsts for the series, but it's probably the one I'd least prioritise. It's the Thief of the series, it'll give you a bit extra to play with, but not essential.

IV is my absolute favourite of I-VI, has a great plot, likeable characters, and a good balance battle system. It's the black mage of the games, fucking wonderful, and anyone who says anything against it is wrong because I'm ridiculously biased.

V is just kind of... there. It's a great game, but nothing in particular about it stands above the others in my estimation. It's basically the Red Mage of the series, does a lot of things well, but the others do specific things better.

VI is the most epic, but in order to know about a lot of stuff and get everything from it you can, you will NEED (not just want, like a lot of FF games) a strategy guide, which kind of detracts from it for me. It's the Summoner of the series - amazing, but you have to go through a lot of shit before you'll get around to really being able to use it/play it properly.

• Like 1

Though they're all good...

I is what it is, a simple game, mostly straight forward, though it's very questy, rather than having any story. It's the Warrior of the series, straight forward but essential to the balance.

II has a good story, but it's battle system is ridiculous, and it can be very harsh if you make the wrong decisions. It's the White Mage of the series, easy to fuck up, but you can forgive it because you appreciate it's best qualities.

III I've never played the original, only the DS and iPhone remakes. It's a good game, and it featured a lot of firsts for the series, but it's probably the one I'd least prioritise. It's the Thief of the series, it'll give you a bit extra to play with, but not essential.

IV is my absolute favourite of I-VI, has a great plot, likeable characters, and a good balance battle system. It's the black mage of the games, fucking wonderful, and anyone who says anything against it is wrong because I'm ridiculously biased.

V is just kind of... there. It's a great game, but nothing in particular about it stands above the others in my estimation. It's basically the Red Mage of the series, does a lot of things well, but the others do specific things better.

VI is the most epic, but in order to know about a lot of stuff and get everything from it you can, you will NEED (not just want, like a lot of FF games) a strategy guide, which kind of detracts from it for me. It's the Summoner of the series - amazing, but you have to go through a lot of shit before you'll get around to really being able to use it/play it properly.

This is the best post.

Also, Red Mages are awesome :shifty:

Right, based on recommendations I'm going to go with either IV or VI.

Next person to post totally decides for me.

Also, anyone who knows anything about emulators PM me because I know next to nothing about them. Don't want to ask right out because hey, it's all extralegal and junk.