Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

Change the control scheme to, I think it was B.

Do hunts and side quests....you'll get plenty of XP/gil, and some pretty solid items.

If possible, save up a large chunk of XP and then go spend the night at a motel/hotel to get bonus XP.

Experiment with magic. It's a lot of fun! And you can add more than one item to the creation process.

Fill up your magic whenever you can. If it's full? Make 

Save up 7 or 8 Rare Coins (Gladio will pick them up on occasion), and put them into a spell. Ideally, do this after you've eaten something that gives you an XP boost.

To change soundtracks while in the car, hold right or left on the D-Pad. That way you don't have to skip through the ENTIRE CD to get to the next. Also, press down on the D-Pad to set it to normal, repeat or shuffle.

Get Ignis' 'Regroup' ability....it's a life saver.

Take your time. Enjoy the world and the music and the scenery and the friendship between the main 4. 

I can't for the life of me work out how to do this. I can do multiple of the same item, but I can't seem to select any additional ones without removing the first one.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Avenged said:

I can't for the life of me work out how to do this. I can do multiple of the same item, but I can't seem to select any additional ones without removing the first one.

Oh, sorry, I meant you can add multiple of the same.

Ohh fair enough, I spent ages trying to work that out :P 

It is fun to play with, and certainly open to abuse if you don't mind sacrificing some of the better items.

This is pretty much the only FF where I've found items to be of use all the way though, usually they lose purpose once you have decent abilities/spells so I guess well done them for making an aspect useful rather than just because.

First of all, holy hell did it take forever to do the install and update for Final Fantasy XV. 11 gigs is just way too much to install. Took me all last night to get it done and by the time it finished, I pretty much had to go to bed.

However, I had a chance to play it today and I feel like I went too fast through the first chapter. I'm only at Level 7 by the end of the first chapter which seems quite wrong to me. I got in a fight with two behemoths and a bomb and they completely wrecked my shit. Do fiends only come out at night?

2 minutes ago, Little Drummer Fork said:

First of all, holy hell did it take forever to do the install and update for Final Fantasy XV. 11 gigs is just way too much to install. Took me all last night to get it done and by the time it finished, I pretty much had to go to bed.

However, I had a chance to play it today and I feel like I went too fast through the first chapter. I'm only at Level 7 by the end of the first chapter which seems quite wrong to me. I got in a fight with two behemoths and a bomb and they completely wrecked my shit. Do fiends only come out at night?

Yup! The most dangerous creatures come out at night...and odds are, you can't handle them until you are a higher level.

27 minutes ago, Little Drummer Fork said:

So the most dangerous but not all right? Otherwise how the hell do I level up?

Quests and hunts give good chunks of XP. Save it up, then stay at a motel for a modifier (I think it's 1.5x at motels).

1 hour ago, Little Drummer Fork said:

So the most dangerous but not all right? Otherwise how the hell do I level up?

'Animals' are always around, but 'Demons' only come out at night. You will have a bad time at night until you're almost 30 - although it's pretty easy to escape fights if you get in a sticky situation. 

Just now, Avenged said:

'Animals' are always around, but 'Demons' only come out at night. You will have a bad time at night until you're almost 30 - although it's pretty easy to escape fights if you get in a sticky situation. 

It is? How do you escape? Cause I couldn't get the hell away from those behemoths. So is level 7 low for being at the end of the first chapter?

1 minute ago, Little Drummer Fork said:

It is? How do you escape? Cause I couldn't get the hell away from those behemoths. So is level 7 low for being at the end of the first chapter?

You literally just run away.

I have no idea what level you should be, but I ran off and did hunts and stuff right away, I was OP whenever I did any mission stuff.

Just run away and dodge if you need to, fights are contained in a red circle on the mini map, once you've passed the perimeter they will lose interest in you generally.

I can remember, but use whatever level the story mission (red one) has as a guide. I did a bunch of side quests every time and was always above that number and never had any issues.

28 minutes ago, Avenged said:

Just run away and dodge if you need to, fights are contained in a red circle on the mini map, once you've passed the perimeter they will lose interest in you generally.

I can remember, but use whatever level the story mission (red one) has as a guide. I did a bunch of side quests every time and was always above that number and never had any issues.

Well who would have thought it would have been that easy. I thought for sure there was no way that I could have run away from the area but maybe I just didn't go the right way. Either way, I just took the car the next time and it was all good.

• Like 1

Played my first two hours and basically just wandered around doing hunts. It's better than platinum demo, but dodging and blocking is still pretty poor. I like the whole "evade by using environment", but general dodge, block, and parry feels really arbitrary to when it wants to work.

Also, where do I level fishing and cooking? Prompto's photo and Gladiolus' survival levelled easy from all my running and battling, but those two skills are lagging behind. Also, what do those skills do to benefit you?

39 minutes ago, Benji said:

Played my first two hours and basically just wandered around doing hunts. It's better than platinum demo, but dodging and blocking is still pretty poor. I like the whole "evade by using environment", but general dodge, block, and parry feels really arbitrary to when it wants to work.

Also, where do I level fishing and cooking? Prompto's photo and Gladiolus' survival levelled easy from all my running and battling, but those two skills are lagging behind. Also, what do those skills do to benefit you?

Yeah I find the battles to be more hack and slash than anything. I can do some things pretty well but a lot of it is just a crap shoot.

Fishing can be done at the docks. You'll find one before the second chapter if you do the side quest with the cat. You'll know which one when you get there but it's at the port. Cooking can be leveled up I believe when you camp in the wilderness. Ignis cooks you a meal which also gives you status boosts as well. You can pick up new recipes throughout the world.

• Like 1