Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, apsham said:

New rumors that the VII remake is going to come to XB1 as well, woo!

I was fully expecting that to be the case. Sony has been keen to tout it as coming to PS4 "first", suggesting that it will come to other platforms later. A PC version would be nice too, and I wonder if there's a chance of it making an appearance on the Switch. Cloud's inclusion in Super Smash Bros was seen by some as a sign that it could be on the cards, but I suppose there's the issue of whether or not the Switch is considered powerful or, more importantly, commercially successful enough to give it a port.

Finished chapter 8. I think I'm done now. I can't remember the last time I lost all desire to finish a final fantasy game. I even finished XIII and I hated that.

Without a solitary doubt this is the worst final fantasy game I've ever played and one I doubt I'll ever go back to. Terrible non-sensical unexplained story, boring combat devoid of challenge or strategy, characters without any kind of context, reason or backstory (or story in general for that matter) and a world so flat and dull I can already barely remember any of it.

My favourite thing about previous final fantasies has always been the contrasting world, and how different each individual character, town and quest was. There was nothing of the sort in this, everything just seemed to be copy and pasted.

Granted there were moments of fun, otherwise I wouldn't have put 35 or so hours into it, but I feel like most of that was just because it was called Final Fantasy and I wanted to love it. But I didn't.

Probably the most I've ever been disappointed by a game. :(

You done gone and got your hopes up. A grave mistake to make when it comes to Final Fantasy titles these days.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I picked FFXV back up yesterday and ignored the guide, instead playing as I felt fit (still keeping a track of what side quests I have done) and it was more fun than previous, though I am pretty sure I've now done almost all of the main ones outside the Map ones because the guide isn't pacing me, which is a bit sad considering the amount of side quests usually available in FF. More so when you consider most of them were fetch quests with very little depth.

Still, enjoying it more, and the boss battle with...

... Titan...

was amazing. I wish the game had a lot more boss battles than it does so far. According to the guide there's only six proper story bosses, which seems absurd.

I dunno. I don't dislike the game, but considering it was in production for nearly (more than?) a decade, I expected a lot more content and a lot more depth from the content. It's no good having an open world if you're going to fill it with the same seven fetch quest variants.

• Like 1