Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really enjoying it so far :). The battling system is great, kinda feels like a tales game! Also putting it into wait mode make fighting more tactical too as you can stop for a moment to assess before going again. The music in the game is fantastic thus far and the four main characters are so cool, I just love the little interactions they do. 

• Like 2

I started it last night. I'm enjoying it. Combat still confuses my brain (I did the tutorial), I think it's because it has similar fighting gameplay to lots of other AAA titles but they all use tapping the button instead of holding it so quite often it feels like I'm not in proper control. But the main issue I'm having is I think I'm locked on to something because I'm holding down R1, yet when I do the warp attack thing I teleport to somewhere with no enemy.

Do not play pinball. My game went for 2 hours (it seems legit near impossible to die). I thought I might be able to upload my high score or there might be rewards for doing well, there is not. It's stupid and shit.

Uhh, I think it has some growing pains in the way that some missions are structured in the open world. There are areas that should not be entirely closed off that are and it makes them a pain to get into at some points. I just did a minor quest that should not have taken me as long as it did, and it only did because it was in an older area that was used for a 'boss' type encounter. Couldn't find a way in, and then when I did it was the exit and I couldn't get back up the way that I was supposed to go so I had to waste time going all the way AROUND again, etc.

That's about it though. I'm playing for 1-2 hours at a time and the only other thing that has bothered me is the input intricacies that I noted earlier. Needing to be at a 100% standstill to talk/interact with things has caused me to jump 2-3 times before actually firing the action off. I'm hoping that can be patch fixed.

• Like 1

Ugh, fuck the pinball...I just wanted to play a quick game.....then 20-30 minutes later.....

It never stops, no matter little you try to survive. Although, I think once you get 99 boxes, you get some half decent stuff. And there is one pinball machine (that I've heard) that costs like 10k gil to use.

I had 99 boxes. I got a Celestriad, maybe I shouldn't have moaned, I just assumed it was something you sell but instead seems to be an accessory that increases lightning, ice and fire by 30%. Still don't think it was worth the time. I miss Blitzball or that card game from FF VIII

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

:huh:

FF VIII I've never actually played the game proper, my sister's BF used to play it when he lived with us, the card game bit was cool and I'd play it for him since he had little interest and I enjoyed it.

I owned FFX and outside of Blitzball wasn't a fan of the game. I didn't like the story, I didn't like the characters and I didn't like the combat (so I never finished it). Once I unlocked Blitzball that was the only reason I'd bother loading the game up.

• Like 1

I play a lot of open world games differently to most people. In Skyrim pretty much as soon as I could I was off doing my own adventures and never actually finished the main game because I'd just hop from side-quest to side-quest visiting the towns and helping people or whatever. This seems encouraged in FF XV, I randomly stumbled across a good sword (the Masamune you get for buying the day one addition is 88 attack, the sword I found is 138 and filled with fire) which wasn't marked on the map, I just found it wandering about.

So far this is scratching a similar itch, am 5 hours in (2 of that was playing the stupid pinball game though) and have only just left the first town because I visited everything marked on the map and was trying to learn the combat. 

So far it's fun. I'm still not sold on the combat since it still seems a bit random and chaotic but am enjoying my time in the world. Plus it's real pretty.

My biggest issue with FFX was that it felt as if the game expected you to know what you were doing. Like the difficulty ramped up and it didn't do a great job in game of explaining the strategies you'd need, then when I checked online people were like 'duh isn't hard haven't you played a FF before? for this monster you need to do these three spells, then attack, then do this spell, then use this'. I also don't have a lot of patience for battle screens (especially loading in and out of them). Pokemon is fine because it's only if you get in the long grass (or caves, not surprisingly I hate caves in Pokemon).  

So far it's far more Witcher/Skyrim feeling than FF feeling which I'm happy with.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ruki said:

Fuck! the chapter ended and cashed in my experience. I didn't get to go to a camper for that 1.3x bonus. 

lol.

I managed to save up about 16k of XP, then I spent 10k gil at the fancy hotel to get double XP. I went from level 19 to 27. 

WEnt to fight the Bandersnach...I thought it was level 28. Turns out it was 37. Killed me in two hits.

3 hours ago, Ruki said:

lol.

I managed to save up about 16k of XP, then I spent 10k gil at the fancy hotel to get double XP. I went from level 19 to 27. 

WEnt to fight the Bandersnach...I thought it was level 28. Turns out it was 37. Killed me in two hits.

I stay in the motel, is 300 and 1.5xp

• Like 1

I went to stay at the 2x hotel, until I saw the price, 10k is fucking silly money when there's that 1.5x one for 300gil.

Love this game so far, 12 hours in and still in chapter 3, the sidequests and hunts are far too distracting. That and, after suffering through 13 and it's bullshit limits to levelling up, the freedom to mooch around for a few hours/days then start casually slaughtering anything on the main quest is joyous.

• Like 2