Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

Picked it up on a whim, haven't had a ton of time to play it, but I did the combat tutorials and enjoyed those, so I'm guessing I'll enjoy it in the rest of the game as well.

Glad Noctis doesn't have as annoying a voice as he looks like he would have.

• Like 1

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grabbed it when I was out shopping on a lark as well and I really liked what I played last night. Only complaint with the combat system is that there feels like there is too much going on at times - the camera keeps losing me and enemites keep fucking with me whenever the camera moves over to someone for an assist and it's... actually really confusing at times. I keep getting good grades in the battles though? I might turn off the camera switch to your friends when they do techniques as well - I saw that as an option.

Also - big tip, move the controls to Type B. At times combat feels like The Witcher so I was hitting X on XB1 to try and attack and was rolling instead. Type B puts attack to X, and dodge to R1, which moves items to Y and phase attacking to B. It feels so much more natural.

Biggest tip for the combat would be do the pre-game tutorials the it offers before starting, I feel like I would have struggled with it otherwise. 

If I had to complain about anything, it would be that the game is too easy. I'm at level 24, about 14 hours in and I have yet to see a Game Over screen... which lets face it, isn't actually something to complain about. Absolutely loving it so far though, not enjoyed a game so much in ages.

34 minutes ago, apsham said:

Grabbed it when I was out shopping on a lark as well and I really liked what I played last night. Only complaint with the combat system is that there feels like there is too much going on at times - the camera keeps losing me and enemites keep fucking with me whenever the camera moves over to someone for an assist and it's... actually really confusing at times. I keep getting good grades in the battles though? I might turn off the camera switch to your friends when they do techniques as well - I saw that as an option.

Also - big tip, move the controls to Type B. At times combat feels like The Witcher so I was hitting X on XB1 to try and attack and was rolling instead. Type B puts attack to X, and dodge to R1, which moves items to Y and phase attacking to B. It feels so much more natural.

I might give that a shot. Trying to dodge and attack at the same time with X/B is difficult. 

Also, just watching the Kingsglaive movie (since apparently it provides a good chunk of backstory)....it sure is pretty. But the voice acting? Ehh....the voices don't seem to really fit the character models. 

I'm having a lot of fun doing hunts so far, combat is enjoyable, though the camera issues Apsham mentioned can be annoying.  I just love the amount of things you can string together.  Dodge, parry, warp strike to another enemy, make Gladiolus perform a tech, warp over to add to that combo, and throughout all of that you can change weapons on the fly.  And it all flows together so easily.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Avenged said:

Biggest tip for the combat would be do the pre-game tutorials the it offers before starting, I feel like I would have struggled with it otherwise. 

If I had to complain about anything, it would be that the game is too easy. I'm at level 24, about 14 hours in and I have yet to see a Game Over screen... which lets face it, isn't actually something to complain about. Absolutely loving it so far though, not enjoyed a game so much in ages.

I don't think I've seen a Game Over screen since Final Fantasy 7. I've always felt like the later games were more about story and it was very hard to die.

Just now, Forky said:

I don't think I've seen a Game Over screen since Final Fantasy 7. I've always felt like the later games were more about story and it was very hard to die.

I must suck normally then, because I died a fuckload in all of them. To be fair I was very young during the PS1 era. I guess with XIII as a recent example I hated the gameplay so I powered through the story which wasn't always ideal. 

XV makes it very easy to know what is and isn't doable at various times, plus I'm enjoying the side stuff so much by the time I do any main quest stuff I end up being a little over levelled. Not that there hasn't been a few 'oh shit' moments where I've had a luck escape. 

I'm not around much and sung it's praises, you can blame me. If it makes me a better target I could point out how underwhelming the Timberwolves are doing this year in the NBA ??. I've gotten the hang of battling finally and leveling up really did come super easy once the world opened up though I'm OK with that. 

I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing when battling but apparently I'm doing good at it? Ah god, who knows.

Is the interact button kind of wonky sometimes for other people? It'll say "A to check" or "A to talk" for instance and I hit it and jump instead, so I go in and make sure that I'm 100% still before I try again.

46 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Anyone else find that like level 32 monster that's chilling just a little ways out behind Hammerhead?   Don't try fighting him at level 6.

The Bandersnach, right? I was just going for the food in his little den thing....then I saw him, and ran the fuck away.

40 minutes ago, apsham said:

I went into a mineshaft that had level 7 goblins running around. Nothing big. Then a fucking level 50 something comes out of no where after an actually scary, non-cutscene encounter. I like that.

Oh man, that was scary! I thought that maybe after the first strike that'd be it.....but nope. I kept going down that mineshaft and he's at the end. I WANT WHATEVER TREASURE HE IS HIDING

Yeah the Bandersnach, I ran into his little canyon on the way to a hunt.  Took off, saved my game and then doubled back to fight him.  Got my shit wreckeddddd

8 hours ago, Trey said:

I'm not around much and sung it's praises, you can blame me. If it makes me a better target I could point out how underwhelming the Timberwolves are doing this year in the NBA ??. I've gotten the hang of battling finally and leveling up really did come super easy once the world opened up though I'm OK with that. 

You're a monster!

• Like 1