Help me get into Football/Soccer

rocksta

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Choosing a team to follow would help you get emotionally involved the best by a mile.

I did that. I happened to pick Westham, cause I wanted them to avoid relegation.

What the hell was I thinking?

Don't worry, I met an American who supports West Ham and Chelsea. That's all kinds of wrong for oh so many reasons.

Anyway, I went through this a few years ago. I chose Newcastle because they were good, but not Man U, Arsenal, or Liverpool. It was a grave mistake since I just look like a Juventus supporter here in the States. That said, look around at teams. As an American, if you're familiar with the US team, pick the team your favorite American player is on.

Is your avatar a dig at me 9 to 5. Paddy Kisnorbo some day will have a Premiership medal with us - unless he does move to Juventus like has been rumoured for a while :(

Not really. :P

You just reminded me of the awesomeness of Slater and it was time for an avatar change anyway. And if some fucker comes along and claims Mark Bosnich as a challenge to my custom sig, then they are fucking retarded for having himas their fave Aussie player of all-time. :P

I once put bets on something lower than the A-League, it was like Australian University football, the teams had an average attendance of 20 and it was very hard to find results. I considered ringing the clubs to see if they could fathom that someone half way around the world was putting bets on them.

Aston Villa. Randy Lerner who owns the Cleveland Browns owns the club.

Yeah, but Glazer owns Man U, Tom Hicks co-owns Liverpool with Gillett, and I think there's some other American ownership in there that I'm totally drawing a blank on right now.

Yeah but Lerner's actually awesome.

Aston Villa. Randy Lerner who owns the Cleveland Browns owns the club.

Yeah, but Glazer owns Man U, Tom Hicks co-owns Liverpool with Gillett, and I think there's some other American ownership in there that I'm totally drawing a blank on right now.

Yeah but Lerner's actually awesome.

But the Cleveland Browns aren't.