2007-2008 NBA Thread

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Epic game. I totally called the Hawks being amazing at the beginning of the year to my friends because they are the blackest team in the NBA.

Ok? o_O

So the Pistons decided to take care of business and put Philly down relatively easy. Now comes a test from the Orlando Magic, whom I think pose a serious challenge. I think the Pistons can get by them, but they'll need to take better care of the ball against the Magic. They were uncharacteristically bad with taking care of the ball in the series with Philly, going well over their season average for turnovers.

So what did we learn from this? Boston can't win in Atlanta. We'll see how this trend plays out in Game 3 against Cleveland when they go in with a likely 2-0 lead. Today's game was just a joke, the most lopsided postseason game in a very, very long time. Lakers almost blew it against Utah but got lucky Boozer fouled out, allowing them to cruise to victory.

Also, in any case...

Celtics in 6

Pistons in 5

Lakers in 6

Spurs in 7

Edited by damshow

Yeah, Turiaf is badass. I remember seeing him at Gonzaga and thought that I would be seeing his name in the NBA and when I heard of his heart surgery, I was worried but he's come back from that and it's really nice to see him have the kind of success he's having now that he's become more of a player on the Lakers team.

And yeah, I would say that Utah look over matched the entire game, Boozer or not. Just without him the Jazz are obviously weaker.

Go Hawks. SHOCK THE WORLD.

And I've got the Spurs in 6 over the Hornets.

Might want to reconsider that. Who needs experience, Chris Paul is tearing things up. I figured he'd completely outclass Parker, but damn.

Because if the Magic have the lead going into the 4th quarter, they play completely different to start and it's a different game all together. While I'm not saying it should be the deciding factor, it obviously isn't as it wasn't a game winning shot and it's also just one game, the error is what the series biggest 'highlight' will be.

Nice game from the Pistons, winning on the road without Chauncey Billups. It may have came down to their last shot, but Tayshaun was absolutely clutch in sinking that running floater.

Tayshaun has been really impressive in the playoffs this year, he is finally asserting himself on the floor, and it's only beneficial to him and the team that his passive demeanor is beginning to wear off.

By the way, holding Dwight Howard to eight points? Brilliant job by Sheed, McDyess, and Max there.

no need for blind hatred of a team who wins two games without its leader. Pistons played very well again and I think time off will help them out. It won't be a real long time I don't think but I haven't checked. Detroit need Billups heathly to compete with anyone that will be left after this round. They cant do what they did against the Magic against a Cavs or Boston team.

Happy N.O. beat San Antonio. Was a good game that was turn into a rout once again in the 2nd half.