Football Manager 2008

Dan

Play offs for the Sum.

First leg with Watford was 1 - 1.

Second leg, we went a goal down. Disaster. We struggled to find a way back in. Sub Ambrose scored his first of the season to take it to 1 - 1, then a Varney, 92nd minute, header won me the match.

Final here I come.

I know I didn't overly want promotion, but now I do. Hopefully I could build a side - quickly - that could survive. This team would do worse than Derby irl.

--

Promotionnnn.

The final, against Plymouth, went to penalties after a 3 - 3 scoreline.

Two Nicky Weaver saves, and no misses gave me the win.

I'm a hero!

Edited by SUMmation

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My success as Norn Iron manager gave me some credibity, and a job I fancied came up. One Alan Padrew was sucking at Charlton, I stated my interest, he was soon fired and I was his replacement. I refused to walk out on Norn Iron, though. I will finish the job I started, I shall guide them through the Euros.

But with Sweden, Germany and Italy in the group I'm not expecting much. And when ever we finish in that competition I intend to resign and concentrate solely on making Charlton and Premiership side again. I've been in charge of Charlton for 7 games, 4 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses. This form has pushed me up to 4th.

I could perhaps reach 2nd, problem being I don't want promotion. The squad is not ready.

How bloody dare you. :angry:

Oh shi.

The hard part.

My current line up.. lol.

Weaver

Yassin Moutaoukil - Jonathan Fortune - Jose Semedo - Ben Thatcher

Luke Varney - Amdy Faye - Zheng Zhi - Jermone Thomas

Andy Gray - Svetoslav Todorov

Other noteable players;

Lloyd Sam, Cory Gibbs, Therry Racon, Marcus Bent, Madjid Bougherra, Darren Ambrose, Chris Iwelumo.

Basically, I'm fucked.

Help?

--

And FD, pfft, I got them qualified, the group is suicide, but I am willing to try. when David Healy doesn't perform, we don't score. And Healy just hasn't performed for me once.

God knows yet. Got a Euro Tourno to win crash out of first.

Doubt it'll be much. I expect a few loans, some other Prem teams unwanted goods, some older heads, and raiding Derby, Wigan and Sunderland and the Championship.

My main problem is clearly that I have an entire team that isn't good enough. Le sigh.

Edited by SUMmation

There's some cracking American youngsters in my game who all have really good physical attributes and develop technically very quickly. One of them's now keeping Joe Cole out of my Chelsea side and we've only had him for two seasons. Try bringing a few of them in on the cheap and see what happens?

You actually got Man City to sell Johnson? Any time I try they won't accept any amount of money.

I'm using the 8.0.2 patch, so if you have an older one they still might not. But yeah, they did, I was shocked. They negotiated to 38M all up front, but I renegotiated them to 21M up front and 15M over 24 months.

I offered 50m as Utd in the first season (25m poundies) and they rejected that shit. They be cold blooded.

That's insane. :\. I think I added in a 15% of next sale clause, too, if it helps.

Anyway I'm doing pretty well 1st in the league even though basically everyone's played 1 more (sometimes 2) than me.

The current plan is to plug away at Utd for a few years. Hoping this year I can capture the UEFA Cup, and maybe the league. Then work away and try and capture all the silverware before moving on.. possibly to a country. Unless I'm enjoying it too much, of course. >_>.

I'm finally rekindling my love of this game. Still with my Utd game, we've been chasing Chelsea and Arsenal all season and finally we are top outright, 30 games into the season. 2 clear of Chelsea, 1 clear of Arsenal. Also managed to draw Chelsea in the FA Cup semis, although i'm finally confident of beating them as we hammered than 5-1 in the league recently.

Through to the Champions League quarters as well (drew Milan) after beating Barca 4-2 on aggregate. Tevez is on fire, 9 in his last 5 and having Ronaldo back after 5 months is awesome. I brought in Claudio Pizzaro in January for £1.2 million and he's netted a few, including a satisfying 1 against Chelsea.

Overall, loving it. Will be gutted if we finish without silverware though. Arsenal away could decide the title race.

Currently, my team is....

GK: Van der Sar

CB: O'Shea (Has been superb for me, scored 5 times and our defense is the best in the league)

CB: Vidic

CB: Ferdinand

RWB: Carlos Diogo

LWB: Evra

CM: Hargreaves/Carrick

CM: Anderson/Scholes

RAM: Rooney/Nani

LAM: Ronaldo/Giggs

CF: Tevez/Pizzaro

That's not including the likes of Fletcher, Park and Brown... the latter two i'm hoping to offload at the end of the season to bring in a 30 goals a season striker.

Is this the first season?

It's basically the normal Utd side with the inclusion of Pizzaro (yeah, good buy...a goal against Chelsea was worth the £1.2m) and Diogo. Still, keep us updated.

And for the 30 a season striker, try and get Ruud back. :shifty:

GK: Boccollini

DR: Berger

DL: Dalla Valle

DC: Fresi

DC: Maltagali (was Smania last season but he was on loan)

MR: De Luigi

ML: Agostini

MC: Storno/Solari/Ferrero/Parisi/Abate/whoever may be lying around

MC: Maiani

FC: Ghirardello

FC: Capraro/Fabbrini/Peosio/Biggi (was Pesenti mainly last season but he got injured and sent back to his loan team, Biggi has just been signed for my second season and looks good)

I finished in 11th last season, so mid-table obscurity, until the last couple of games I was a few wins away from the play offs which I'd occupied most of the season. I had a horrible second-half-of-season slump where I barely won, I went from like 9 wins a similar number of draws and a couple of losses to finishing 11 wins, 12 draws and 11 losses. I just couldn't remedy the poor performances no matter what I done, any ideas?

I was predicted to finish dead last. I lost all my money and ended up like £300k in debt and obviously now have no transfer funds. I could really used being promoted to Serie C1 because my team are getting quite old now, most players I signed last season on frees are over 30. So, not quite sure what to do.

Not that i'm particulalry brilliant on FM, especially this one. But what I generally do if I can't buy a win, is sure up my defence. If you've got the players to do it, try 3 at the back with wingbacks, i've used similar formations in a few games now and, if nothing else, my teams are hard to beat.

Is this the first season?

It's basically the normal Utd side with the inclusion of Pizzaro (yeah, good buy...a goal against Chelsea was worth the £1.2m) and Diogo. Still, keep us updated.

And for the 30 a season striker, try and get Ruud back. :shifty:

Aye, first season. Pleased to be top, since the first season always seems to be the hardest for me. I refuse to sign Ruud, no second chances under my regime, unless your surname is Beckham. :shifty:

How many people have multiple games going on? It's just I get cravings to play at different levels all the time, but I don't know whether I will be distracted or anything if I try too many games. Like I fancy giving Deportivo a crack, as I've always been a big fan of them.

EDIT: Also I quite fancy about taking hold of a youth team of a Premiership side, and focusing on that moreso than the main team. What do you reckon would be the best way to go about that?

Edited by IAceI