Football Manager 2008

Dan

This game has just pissed me off so much. I started a game as Man Utd for the sheer easiness of it, we went 22 games unbeaten, then lost 2-0 to Arsenal, fair enough I thought seeing how its Arsenal, then the next game we lose to Spurs 1-0 and slowly my anger is setting in, we then beat Werder 3-0 and I thought that the little phase was over, but the next game we lose 1-0 to Villa. Thank God we beat West Ham, but we have a 12 point gap at the top at the half way stage and I swear we're going to throw it away. <_<

Plus, Ronaldo and Vidic want to leave for the Milan's, despite the club is doing so well in the league and in Europe, plus Ronaldo is my top scorer with 29 goals in 26 games. I just don't see the point in moving to a club when you're in the form of your life and stand a good chance of getting both the Premiership and Champions League titles.

Edited by Fire Storm

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Started a game with QPR, 10 games in, won 7, drew 2 and lost 1.

13.5 mill to spend though as i decided to aim for a top half finish, i didn't realize how much money they actually start with now, an added bonus.

Stephen Wright (750k), Winston Palacios (3.3mill), Darren Ambrose (loan), Andy Carroll (loan) and Daryl Murphy (275k)

Signed three of the same players as my network game with Ace but, oh well. Murphy has 7 goals in 6 games, him and Dexter Blackstock up front has been awesome so far, i wasn't aiming for promtion but i think i may have the squad to achieve it first time of asking.

How can you go seven games unbeaten? A run that includes Watford and West Brom away (both finished 2-2), Southampton away (won 2-1) and Sheff Utd at home (won 3-0) and then go and lose to bottom of the table Scunthorpe 1-0? I do hate FM sometimes lol, means my Q.P.R team sits 3 points off top spot.

My strikers are just shit. Out of 19 goals in 18 games, 9 have been from my strikers. My top scorer is Arango, who I got from relegated Mallorca. I spent $12m before the season to get Henok Goitom. He's been a huge flop with a single goal in 17 appearances.

And now my defence is starting to fall apart. Getting Chimbonda on the January window hardly helped as Samba and Cannavaro let anyone pass, shoot and score on Kuszack's rebound. And we're also getting at least 1 red card per match for some reason, no matter what I do with the settings. I haven't won a league game in the last seven, getting just 2 points from those games and somehow holding on to 10th, although Livorno is biting at my heels. I hope I can get either Pizarro on loan or Baros on a free to try an score at least a goal a game.

At least we're somehow still earning a bunch of money, and if that keeps the board of my back then fair enough.

EDIT: Who the fuck would choose 19th placed Torino over Napoli? Pizarro, that's who. Asshole.

EDIT2: Goitom is shit. He costs us the cup against Fiorentina missing a penalty, and now he has another chance to score in the league after over 20 hours, and misses again.

EDIT3: Holy shit, now he goes on and wins the match for us in the 94th minute!!!

Edited by estebanmon

So somehow my Man Utd team managed to turn the season around and went another 20+ games unbeaten to secure the league by 21 points above Arsenal, we also got the FA Cup in a 2-1 win over Portsmouth thanks to a late comeback and a last minute goal from Tevez. We were knocked out of Europe in the first Knockout Round by Sevilla 2-1 on aggregate. Next year the plan is to retain the Premiership but also perform much better in Europe. Ronaldo finished the season on 41 goals in 49 games in all competitions, hopefully he'll continue that form next year.

Now the problem is I have 4 wonderkid CBs in Pique, Breno, Sidnei and Evans, plus Ferdinand, Brown and Vidic. I want to start rotating my CBs this year and hopefully will send out Evans on loan and maybe sell Brown, I still have O'Shea so the RB position is covered well. Sidnei might go out on loan too since I see potential in him but he needs first team experience, Pique spent half of last season at Newcastle who managed to get a Champions League place, so he's obviously proved he's a capable player in the Premiership. Its giving me a headache but I have preseason coming up so I'll try out different partnerships and see how they all fare.

In my Derby game, I became Champions of the Championship and got to the prem...At the start of that season, I went on an undefeated run till about xmas and solidifying a nice lead then when the new year rolls around, my teams form begins to suck and im now in 3rd place. Ive brought in Felipe Mattione now to try and end this nightmare defending we are suffering from.

Started with Everton and had an awesome first season.

In:

Duda – Sevilla – 3.6M

Radek Sirl – Zenit – 2.2M

Bogdan Stancu – Unirea Urziceni – 140K

Jonathan Evans – Man Utd – Loan

Rodrigo Palacio – Boca Juniors – 10M

Bassaran Irfan – Galatasaray – 70K

Yuval Shpungin – M. Tel-Aviv – 1.3M

Boyan Tapakov – Levski – 30K

Aleksander Kirov – Levski – 110K

Mihai Radut – Sporting CP – 75K

Jelle Vossen – Genk – 230K

Sinan Bolet – Genk – 40K

Rocky Visconte – Hearts – 150K

Nathan Burns – Adelaide United – 230K

Out:

Iain Turner – Wolves – 625K

Leon Osman – Newcastle – 4M

James Hall – Macclesfield – 18K

Patrick Boyle – Swansea – 950K

James McFadden – Portsmouth – 3.8M

Anderson Silva – Napoli – 875K

Nuno Valente – Fulham – 350K

Picked up the UEFA Cup and came 5th in the league. I think I would've gotten up to 4th if Palacio and Andy Johnson could've stayed fit all year.

Next season and I'm going to be using it as a bit of a transition from good team to title challengers.

In:

Bruno Formigoni – Sao Paulo – 800K

Fabricio Coloccini – Deportivo – 15.5M

Fabrice Muamba – Birmingham – 11M

Omar Bravo – Recreativo – 3.5M

Anthony Vanden Borre – Fiorentina – 9.5M

Yossi Benayoun – Liverpool – 4M

Out:

Yakubu – Portsmouth – 12.25M

Bogdan Stancu – Cardiff – 1.8M

Joseph Yobo – Aston Villa – 10M

Let Yobo go since I had Coloccini to replace him, let Yakubu go because he wasn't happy with Johnson and Palacio being ahead of him and Stancu I had no place for, and found him unimpressive for the first time.

Got a Bulgarian feeder club, so some of my non-EU players are spending their time there and earning their work permits. Pretty happy with the game so far.

Composure is an important factor as well, because he might be buckling under those one-on-one moments. What's his overall stats like?

He has 16 composure, 14 bravery, 16 decisions, 13 concentration, 14 anticipation and I have no idea what else you'd need to score.

I made a new game making myself rich to boost my morale a bit. >_>

Hamton.jpg

Was expected to be Relegated at the start of the season but thanks to getting Chelsea as a parent club and them loaning me Sergio Tejera I was able to slip into the playoffs and made it to the finals only to lose on a injury time goal.

Hampton2.jpg

Had an amazing year and finished the season on a hot streak but Dorchester won their last seven games not letting me pass them. Sergio was with me again for this year and won another player of the year. Lost in the first round of the playoffs after Lewes injured three of my starters in the first game.

Sergio has left my team and no player on my Chelsea parent club wants to be loaned to my team so looks like I am shit out of luck. I have several good players so with some good and talented young back ups so I am hoping I can do well this year but if I don't it isn't the end of the world. I am expected to finish 9th so hopefully I can live up to that.

I have a game with Bath where I can't even get a parent club. Got a whole bunch of Free transfers though and I am doing good in Tournament's so far (It's early, but still).

As for my Coventry game, I am sitting in Mid-Table mediocrity. But I am making money and if I don't get relegated and turn a profit I might actually get a transfer budget next year :shifty:

I HATE Llanelli.

Twice they've beaten me in the league, 5-0 and 6-0, both times we were on good form, yet they just breeze past us. We're second in the league and they're first, the gap was just on goal difference at one point but its widened to 6 points after we lost to them and Airbus. Now we have them in the finals of the Welsh Cup and the Welsh Challenge Cup, our chances of getting any silverware this year have decreased, and Llanelli are in the finals of all 3 cups and are top of the league.

We clearly have a stronger team, yet they always breeze past us in matches.

Basically...I read on a forum to delete the folder than contained the fake.inc file.

I was sceptical and made a backup of the folder, but when I deleted the folder, I had all the "fixes" (German team, Oliver Kahn, etc.).

If you want to try it, BACK UP THAT FOLDER just in case.