Football Manager 2008

Dan

Lol, 46m for Richards. :lol:

Easily one of the best players in the game when he is older and on his day.

I've seen ridiculous prices over the last 7 years online that would shock you more than 46m for Richards.

I paid 69m for Kaka on a previous game....only for him to leave at roughly half the price the following year for playing utter shite

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, so I downloaded packs for the kits & logos of all the prem teams, but have one problem now.

Most have loaded up and work fine, but the pack I downloaded the logos from didnt have the small logos for Derby, Birmingham or Sunderland. I tried to add small logos for each team into the folder, but it didn't work when I went back into the game. The same happened for Birmingham & Middlesbrough's kits, because they were named wrong by whoever put them in the pack. I changed the filename and resaved them, but to no avail. Anyone got any ideas?

You will need to add stuff into the config files, basically just copy one of the lines within the config file for the premiership graphics and change the unique id to the unique id of the team you want to show the graphic far. Atleast that's what I remember having to do in 07

Finally managed to get through a season as a Division 1 team without eventually resorting to cheating.

Got Carlisle promoted after some decent loans from Chelsea, some appalling ones from Newcastle and some hell raisers from a Spanish team.

I was offered some defender for 7k when his value was around 2million thanks to a massive falling out with his origonal club, turns out he's twice as good as the best defender I had at the time

The team actually played a lot better than expected when I moved two midfielders to the winger positions after noticing they're much more familliar there, so part of me think's i've 1uped John Ward >_>

Best result of the season? Defeating Leeds in a Paint Trophy knock-out stage match by a single goal after somehow injuring Paul Huntington and Leeds getting two goals disallowed (at home :o)

Funnily enough I also lost my parent club (West Ham) after them getting relegated, meaning we'd both be in the same league. The annoying part? the other club i could have chose (Birmingham) proceeded to play amazingly at the end of the season and end up 10th in the league :o

Now onto the Championship, considering I've already defeated half of the teams in friendly matches pretty convincingly before the start of the first season gives me some sort of confidence going in, even though i'm going to go straight back out again >_<

You will need to add stuff into the config files, basically just copy one of the lines within the config file for the premiership graphics and change the unique id to the unique id of the team you want to show the graphic far. Atleast that's what I remember having to do in 07

I'm a bit confused on how to do that. When I open up the config you can't actually do anything inside it like adding or deleting stuff.

I've discovered the most evil thing. As Portsmouth, my transfer budget magically dropped from £5m to £1.8m and after checking out the transfer tab in finances I discovered a reason why. Apparently I have to pay Tottenham £1m per game for Jermain Defoe for...and this is where it gets funny...the next 38 GAMES!!! That's just not right. Oh, that's on top of the £85k per-month for the next 32 months, so all in all, on top of the already paid £4m I will owe Tottenham another £40m. Methinks there is something not quite right there.

I've discovered the most evil thing. As Portsmouth, my transfer budget magically dropped from £5m to £1.8m and after checking out the transfer tab in finances I discovered a reason why. Apparently I have to pay Tottenham £1m per game for Jermain Defoe for...and this is where it gets funny...the next 38 GAMES!!! That's just not right. Oh, that's on top of the £85k per-month for the next 32 months, so all in all, on top of the already paid £4m I will owe Tottenham another £40m. Methinks there is something not quite right there.

it was a problem in the update, there was something wrong with Diarra too, but I forget which, so you gotta edit the database before you start.

Now I find out. :'(

Bloody Defoe has been on fire for me. Oh well, guess this means the first team to put in a decent offer for him will be having him. Luckily I have Arshavin who likes to score, but on the other hand I also have Milan Baros who couldn't score if the goal was the size of Europe.

EDIT: Just downloaded the FM Modifier editor to see if that can help, but nope. I'm sure an older version allowed you to edit future transfer amounts and stuff. Ah well, I'll just give myself more money...£38m more I think is fair don't you? Stupid game screwing with my head!!!

Edited by TMM

Not until you have a bigger reputation and possibly more money. It'd cost too much money for a little team like Stockport to send their players out to Germany on scouting missions.

So until then, you'll just have to look for yourself.

Just going into my 3rd season as Arsenal, sold Van Persie to Bayern for £15.5m cos he only got 7 goals all season and i've already got plenty of strikers (Aguero, Adebayor, Eduardo, Vela, Saivet, Bendtner, Walcott (although he's probably being sold soon)). Now Adebayor (Player of the Season last season) is upset that I sold RVP and then came out and said i wont be signing a replacement as i think we've got enough strikers. I declined his transfer list request as well. Anyone know how I can cheer him up? Dont want his form to suffer when the league games start soon.

Also, i've got over £110m to spend. My midfield and attack are more than covered i think, so I need to patch up my defence. I got Demel last season for £7m as backup for my defence but he was disappointing when he came in. Sold Eboue just now as he wanted a new challenge, so i'm looking for backup for Sagna and a quality central defender to eventually replace Gallas (he's getting on a bit now, and will play less games this season). I was thinking Breno as I've heard great things about him from various websites. How good is he?

Breno can be awesome, but not right away. He needs 2, 3 seasons to become one of the best defenders in the world, before that he is very solid, but prone to make costly mistakes... One way or another, he is a great player, if You can get him, You certainly should.

Has anyone else found its a piece of piss to get high rep youngsters of Premiership feeder clubs.

I started a game unemployed and ended up at Worcester, 21st in the Blue Square North, kept them up by 2pts in the end.

Second season I got Delfouneso, Mikkaelsson, McGurk and two others from parent club Villa, now I'm top, unbeaten in 15 games, 12 wins in a row. Delfouneso has 23 goals in 23, Mikkaelsson has 20 goals and 12 assists in 22 and McGurk is a demon in midfield.

Life is good at Worcester City (Y)

I bought Breno for £35m and Daniel Alves for £33m. Life is good when you have £110m to spend! Also got Sissoko for £7m when I realised I didnt have any DM's after flogging Flamini and shoving Gilberto and his zimmer frame in the reserves. It also stopped Adebayor crying from when I sold Van Persie! Strong start to the season, but I'm expecting it to go to shit like usual between November and early January when I always have trouble winning!