Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Score! Sorted it now, cheers!

Edit: I'm tempted to sell Guilherme cos he's pissed off i'm rejecting offers for him. Inter just offered £25m for him, which i turned down. If i can get £25m for him, that'll give me £38m for a replacement. But with only playing one striker up front, do I really need one? If i sell him, my strikers would be Gouffran, Stancu, Bojinov, Caicedo and Sturridge. Any need for another one, and if so, who?

Edited by SilentBob2004

I start new FM07 game - as MIAMI FC!

I forgot the whole thing about Jens Mustermann etc. For some reason the fix only seem to work when he retires for me. Oh well, I won't be managing in Europe anyway.

I've got a question about retraining players in new positions.

s

How exactly do you do it? Is it as simple as going to the Training screen of a player and selecting a new position for them? Cos it seems like I have to do something more, that or it just takes some time for the position to be learnt?

It'll take a long time - around a season to get to a green ability (depending on whether they have any experience already.) You can speed the process up by having them play in that position during games.

Miami is going quite well. We're near the top of the MLS Eastern and our top scorer Ismael Iniguez has scored double the goals of anyone in the league. We've not won a game since thrashing the Galaxy 5-0; we've drawn and lost, mostly drawn. But for a bad enough team they've surpassed my expectations.

Also on our books is 1994 WC Winning midfielder - ZINHO!

Playing in the A-League is a bit of a challenge, especially when you're not of the top 2 teams as for the most part the players have really crappy stats (especially if they're actually Australian. I know the A-League isn't exactly a quality competition, but deadset, you'd think some of these players were playing for Dag and Red reserves or something. Also, I'm not sure why some of the mental and physical stats should differ so much from say, the EPL. I'd daresay A-League players would be equal or better in such stats as determination, bravery, aggression, influence, quite a few of the physical stats etc.. Oh well).

Anyway, in the top 4 after about 8 games with Queensland Roar, with 2 wins, 5 draws and a loss. Playing a 5-1-2-1-1 (if that makes sense >_>, basically a 5-4-1 but with a DM (who pushes forward) and an AMC) as my keepers are really shite and I have a few decent central defenders, most notably Craig Moore. And because I turned off transfer budgets for the first window and couldn't get a better one on loan, I have to wait until the next transfer window to try and buy a better one.

Playing in the A-League is a bit of a challenge, especially when you're not of the top 2 teams as for the most part the players have really crappy stats (especially if they're actually Australian. I know the A-League isn't exactly a quality competition, but deadset, you'd think some of these players were playing for Dag and Red reserves or something. Also, I'm not sure why some of the mental and physical stats should differ so much from say, the EPL. I'd daresay A-League players would be equal or better in such stats as determination, bravery, aggression, influence, quite a few of the physical stats etc.. Oh well).

Anyway, in the top 4 after about 8 games with Queensland Roar, with 2 wins, 5 draws and a loss. Playing a 5-1-2-1-1 (if that makes sense >_>, basically a 5-4-1 but with a DM (who pushes forward) and an AMC) as my keepers are really shite and I have a few decent central defenders, most notably Craig Moore. And because I turned off transfer budgets for the first window and couldn't get a better one on loan, I have to wait until the next transfer window to try and buy a better one.

Sounds spot on to me.

Sounds spot on to me.

He has fairly decent stats for the A-League in this, probably just cos he's got heaps of caps :P

And Crouch nets a beauty of a goal for me in the last minute against Liverpool.

Fantastic.

I love Crouch in this game. He's got something like 14 goals in the Premier League in 15 matches, and has 9 assists to his name. <3

Edited by Ringys LAAAAAAAAAAAAD

Finished my first season as Miami. Lost to Salt Lake in the MLS final on penalties. Didn't expect to get that far. Now to improve squad a bit more.

Bit bored so gonna post an update on my Man City game.

Been using new tactics posted on the last page i think, and we're scrapping it out with Man Utd for fourth place nearing the end of November. 9 points adrift of Spurs in 3rd, so i think 4th will be the highest i will get this season. Fielded a half-strength team against Derby in the 3rd round of League Cup and lost on pens. About to have a replay with Middlesborough in the FA Cup 5th round after beating Hull and Leicester. I'll have another Championship team in the 6th round if i get through, so looks like it'll be a good cup run. Oh and won the Euro Super Cup at the start of the season, after winning the UEFA Cup last season!

Havent sold any big players (Garrido for £3.2m, and Ireland for £5.5m), and bought in Hleb in January as he was out of favour at Arsenal, and he had a bargain asking price of £2.3m. Using him as backup mainly but has done well in the games he's played in. Richard Dunne is in amazing goalscoring form, 15 goals this season, all headers from corners and free kicks! My 2nd highest goalscorer!

Playing a formation of 4-1-4-1, with the wingers having runs that bring them up as support strikers, my first team usually looks something like this

GK: Lloris

LB: Baines

CB: Dunne

CB: Lescott/Corluka

RB: Richards

DMC: Nordtveit

LW: Matias Fernandez

CM: Michael Johnson

CM: Van Der Vaart/Elano

RW: Gouffran/Elano

STR: Guilherme

9 points is nothing, you can get higher than fourth, especially if spurs sell some of their better players mid season like they usually do. Using the same tactic, since I made the thing, I managed to get rovers to 3rd this time, quarter finals of champs league (our first season in it), semi final of fa cup, and like 4th round of leage cup because I could care less about that. The crap thing was that the champs league quarter, and the fa cup semi, where 3 days apart. Going to pes against juve and then pens against everton, no wonder I lost both :( But Vela scored 37 goals in total, 27 in the league. Bale somehow got the most assists. Just bought Rooney from United (who finished 4th, SAF retired and have now hired ady boothroyd after offering me the job) just because it's one of them id rather have him on my team so he doesnt score against me if playing for the other team type jobs, as no way is he knocking Vela out of the team.

Well after a 2-2 draw with Newcastle (after being 2-0 up with 6 mins to go! Grrrr!), I'm now 12 points behind Spurs in 3rd, and 1 point behind Man U in 4th with 8 league games to go. Van Der Vaart has said he wants to leave, and seeing as he's been disappointing for most of his time at City i said i'll sell him at the end of the season.

Got AZ Alkmar in the quarters of the Champs League so i'm hopeful of progressing to the Semi's to face Arsenal or Porto.

Edited by SilentBob2004

Question about the MLS: What is the whole drafting players procedure? I tried to start a MLS game recently and it didnt make much sense to me.

From playing FM, the Superdraft/Supplemental draft is made up of players from outside the MLS and basically the different teams have there own pick. There is also a waviers draft where every player who is released by an MLS club can be picked up by another in that. But that is totally separate.

When it comes to transfers you can offer some of your draft slots to other clubs in the MLS or trade a player and a draft pick or whatever in exchange for that teams player. But that is only between MLS clubs. Outside of the MLS you can pick up players by the more common transfer means.

I'm quite surprised now as I go into season two of my Miami odyssey as we start the new season 2nd favorites at 6-4, whereas last year we were 33-1. :D

Though I still have to get used to the caps. I lost Greg Berhalter and Teddy and Charlie Sherringham because of the wage cap; without any of them playing a game.

Just finished my 3rd season at Man City and what a season it was! A dip in form in the last 2 months of the season meant I missed out on 4th place by 1 point to Man Utd on the last day of the season. Lost the FA Cup Final 1-0 to Arsenal, but made up for it by crowning Man City Champions League Winners 4 days later! Beat Man Utd 3-1 after extra time! Took an early lead through Fernandez and when Rooney was sent off near half time for punching Lescott I thought it would be an easy win. Pandev equalised after 65 which took the game to extra time. But 2 headed goals from corners from Gouffran and Lescott sealed it!

Not sure where i'm gonna strengthen next season as i'm pretty much happy with the squad i've got. Maybe a replacement for Van Der Vaart who is going to be moving on.

So, I started up a new game as Portsmouth with one of the recent transfer updates (so that I have Crouch etc.). My squad is starting to look like the England National B-Team. :shifty:

Transfers Out

Niko Kranjcar - £7m to Blackburn

Richard Hughes - £1.5m to Stoke

Transfers In

Gareth Barry - £10m from Aston Villa (I know, wtf?)

Shawn Wright-Philips - £5.5m from Chelsea

STARTING XI

GK - David James

DR - Glen Johnson

DL - Hermann Hreioarsson

DC - Sol Campbell

DC - Sylvain Distin

MR - Shawn Wright-Philips

ML - Gareth Barry

MC - Lassana Diarra

MC - Sulley Muntari

FC - Peter Crouch

FC - Jermain Defoe

Mixed start to the season - somehow managed to magically beat Manchester United 3-1 in the Community Shield, thanks to a bizarre Defoe hat-trick :w00t:, but then lost 2-0 to Everton and drew 1-1 with Bolton in the League. :(