Football Manager 2008

Dan

Whew, I don't know if there is anything like the feeling of coming back at the last second of a game. I have started a game as Kansas City and through some trades have made the team stacked at Striker and have a pretty good Defensive Line but my midfield is a weak area. My tactics are set to where I get the ball down the field real fast and just let my amazing strikers have shots on goals as usually I end my games on the low end in possesion time but the very high end on shots on goal.

Well anywho I was playing Chicago and my star DC got redcarded the game before(he was redcarded in the first ten minutes but we went on to win 2-0.) so he was suspended but I had some talent that could fill his spot. In this game we were tied at 0-0 at halftime but Chicago scored right away in the second half. They then scored again but there were offsides so it didn't count. Well I decided I needed to score as my team haven't lost yet and I didn't want to starts. I changed my 4-1-3-2 to a 4-3-3 and hoped to get a chance to score but I wasn't lucky and was running out of time so around the 84th minute mark I changed my tactics again to a 4-2-1-3 and at 89:59 the striker the I subbed in scored a goal tieing the game for me and giving me a point out of the game. I almost scored again in extra time but I hit the bar but I was very happy to still be undefeated.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

signed Dwayne DeRosario for Maimi. However he seems to be bad luck. Since we've lost every game he's started.

Though this might have something to do with defenders getting sent off and also losing David Edgar and Maurice Edu to transfers.

Just won the Copa Sudamerica with Miami FC! We got to the final against River Plate and it we were 2-1 down going into the second leg at our home ground the Lockheart Stadium. We took the lead, they got back, and we got a second goal (Ismael Iniquez being our great striker got both goals!) and we go to penalties and win! I jumped up and down cause I really thought we'd lose!

And it broke the gate record for the third match in a row in Sudamerica Cup for us!

Edited by HoboObohHbob

Took over Man City after they finished 5th. We came 4th in my first season, and lost in the Carling Cup final to Villa.

We got a damn hard group in the Champions League. We had Real Madrid, Schalke and Celtic.

We finished 3rd, with Madrid and Schalke going through by one point. Gutted.

Edited by Ringys LAAAAAAAAAAAAD

Damn Mexicans! I have no luck against them. Lost to Pumas in the Champions Cup semi! We can beat Brazilians and Argentinians but not freakin' Mexicans!

Decided to have another crack at this game after having been in a Champ Man mood.

Took over Arsenal to get into it.

First season was a treat.

I won games. :w00t:

Came 2nd in the Prem, 1 point off Chelsea which i'm quite proud of for myself on FM.

Won the UEFA Cup after being dumped out the Champions League group stages.

FA and Carling....didn't get near the finals.

Overall i'm quite pleased with it.

Adebayor got 50 and Arshavin worked a treat with Fabregas.

Mauro Camoranesi however, is the worst idea of spending money in the world. :angry:

Don't know why i went for him.

Guest Gavin

Started Unemployed, then took over Coventry. I finished 4th, and won the play-offs beating Crystal Palace in the final. Then I made the big mistake of signing too many players, and they can't gel. I pretty much replaced my team, bar Michael Mifsud and Elliot Ward.

I've started another game as QPR. I've signed Michael Mifsud (£2.8M), Jorge Valdivia (£11M) and Ched Evans (Loan). I want to sign a Left winger as Buszaky isn't good enough for my plans on promotion. Trying to get Sebastien Leto on loan from Liverpool.

Edited by Gavin

After having the best record in the MLS this season. Miami are not doing very well this season :(

Our usually prolific strike force isn't exactly shining so far.

• Admin

Now into my 3rd season with Partizan. Have done the Double for the past two seasons, and managed to come 3rd in my Champions League group last year (Inter & Schalke qualified, but I managed to beat Shaktar to claim the UEFA spot). Sadly got knocked out of the UEFA by Deportivo though.

Now, the difficult 3rd season awaits. My best players want to leave for bigger clubs (if they haven't already - Wolfsburg came in with a £7 million + 40% sell on clause offer for Zoran Tosic, which was far too good to turn down, and my captain, Nemanja Rnic, jumped ship to Maccabi Tel Aviv for £4 million)

So, for the first time, I'm spending a bit of the cash I've earnt. Managed to get Simon Poulsen from AZ for 500k to replace Tosic, got Stephan Lichtsteiner on a Bosman to replace Rnic, and have signed Fred Benson as a backup to my wantaway star striker Slaven Stjepanovic.

Dinamo Kiev didn't renew their manager's contracts, and I am the bookie's favourite to replace him, but have played down speculation in the press. I want one more season at Partizan, just to see if I can push them on a little further. Just twatted Helsingborg 8-2 on aggregate in the Champs League 2nd Qualifying Round. Awaiting in the 3rd Round - my old friends Shaktar, who I've faced in Europe every season.

I'm currently the 7th greatest manager in Serbian League history, and strangely, the 11th most successful English manager of all time. Watch out Roy Hodgson, I'm gunning for 10th this year!

I was gonna go Hull City with a game st but i thought i really cannot be bothered going them so i've started a new one and decided to go Aston Villa and try and create them into a top 4 side in that is the plan for season 1.

aweSummation i know who you feel. I got Exeter promoted from the Conference to the Championship on FM06, won the Johnstones Paint cup, Conference cup comp thingy and carling cup final during my time and the Conference title, League 2 title and 2nd in League 1...

Had a bad season in Championship survivied relegation and they sacked me. After all i fucking did for the club lol and they went and sacked me. They'd be nothing if it wasn't for me!!!!!

Anichebe is a stud in the Championship. Signed him on loan with Stoke and we're currently 3rd through 44 games with a match away to 4th placed Ipswich and then we finish the season against 5th placed West Brom at home. Anichebe has 29 goals and 11 assists in 33 league appearances and 31 in 38 overall. Richard Cresswell has 19 goals and 11 assists in 43 games. The sick thing is West Brom has 119 goals in 44 games, Bednar's got 18 for them and Ishmael Miller has 41 goals in 41 appearances. The last game should be fun, they only beat us 8-1 in December. :rolleyes: