Football Manager 2008

Dan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have just started playing in the Irish Premier Division with Shelbourne(360 version)and picked up this young Scottish striker from Iverness(spelling is probably wrong)named Rory McAllister and he's got 12 in 16. Can anyone suggest some players who would be willing to come play in Ireland?

It's gone a bit pearshaped....

Beat Cheltenham 3-0 with a weakened side, got West Ham in the 3rd round.

Lost to Newcastle 3-1 at Home got absolutely battered possession wise i threw too many chances away but Van Der Vaart got a late consolation goal on his debut so that cheered me up slightly. Here's the table after 5 games

Table after 5 Games

Next 5 fixtures not including cup:

Man City Away- TV

Spurs Home- TV

Chelsea- Away

Middlesbrough- Home

Derby- Away

I predicted that i'd get 10/12 pts from the opening 4 fixtures and i've got 9 so a bit below what i expected and here is my predictions for this bunch. I should beat Derby and Boro and probably beat Man.City...Draw with Spurs and loose to Chelsea that's my targets so my target is 10 pts out of 15 for these 5 matches

Edited by davidmarrio

not really cheating, if i was to use it to my advantage to try and snap up everyone who could become a super player in the future it would be. I just normally check current ability of my squad in positions to see which areas need improving on which i did which was why i saw i needed a Goalkeeper and two attacking midfielders which i got.

I don't like using it to try and snap up wonderkids just to see how my team is getting on.

Edited by davidmarrio

Sorenson's a pile of crap to put it bluntly. If my FM would work with Scott Carson in the database than i wouldn't of needed a keeper but whenever i clicked Carson the game would end. Sorenson getting old and Taylor just ain't a good 1st choice keeper

Well, tits, I have managed to balls up my Man Utd team after my first season. A great treble to start off, and then I messed up the entire balance of the team by getting rid of Carrick and bringing in Moutinho. Who would have thought Carrick was holding that midfield together?

Still, as long as I dont get fired, things should be good for the coming years, with Veloso, Moutinho and Zarate all signed with nowhere to go but up.

Spurs.. 9th after 7 games.

Signed Pablo Piatti (£65k), Duran (£170k), Denilson (£8.5m), Trabelsi (free), Fraizer Campbell (£4.1m), Kewell (£2.8m), Mika Aaritalo (£75k), Giles Barnes (£8m), and I've sold Chimbonda for £3.9m, 'cause I already had Stalteri and got Trabelsi on a free transfer.

Last match I slaughtered Dinamo 4-0 away, Campbell got two, Denilson got one, so did Giles Barnes. Giles Barnes is awesome, you need him on your team.. same with Denilson.

EDIT: Check my sig, MUFC diary :) There has been around twenty updates in only about four days, I'm addicted, click on the link please and check it out.

Edited by StylesClashLover

I don't like using it to try and snap up wonderkids just to see how my team is getting on.

I somehow manage to do that all the time by using in game scouts and knowing what abiletys are needed. After i learned that the game became pritty easy compared to what before was rock hard for me.

The N.Irish leagues are a good place to look. Take a look at Linfield and Glentoran, who have the strongest squads, and in particular Alan Mannus, Michael Gault, Peter Thompson, Glenn Ferguson and Gary Hamilton.

Thanks for that, The Irish league is fun because every team seems to go out and want to kill each other with the managers fighting through the media almost all the time. I won the All-Ireland Cup and lost in the League Cup Semis to Drogheda in extra time, Beat a team from Azerbaijan and then Brondby in the Champions League and earned a tie against Liverpool, got slaughtered in the away leg but looking forward to the gate receipts.

I'm curious as to what possible features there could be for FM09 having thought about it. Is there anything major missing? The thing that annoys me is the German National team but that's cause Germany are bitches for the license

I liked the fact they added the 'don't allow buys in the first window' option. Think I'm the only one who likes that added realism though.

Almost always use this, makes it harder if your a pish team too having to fight through the first half of the season before you can bring in a few players.

I liked the fact they added the 'don't allow buys in the first window' option. Think I'm the only one who likes that added realism though.

I for one am not buying the game again until they prohibit the player from taking charge of anyone striaght off outside the Conference North/South or similar.

You are now able to Pre-Order Football Manager Live. I'm thinking i will do it, get the Rogue Traders name down and listed. Is anyone else giving it a shot?

EDIT: Hmm, once i actually clicked on it, it tells me that i can't pre-order at that current time.......interesting.

Also, when it comes to it has anyone thought about what Association they will join?

Edited by L.C.S

depends entirely on A) How much it is per month and B) If i have to actually purchase the game how much will that cost as well.

I just think make the online better on the actual FM08, 07 etc better so you can join leagues like on FM Live instead of making a completely different game and have a feature like on the Xbox where you draft your team.