Football Manager 2008

Dan

Interesting scenario. I joined Man City at 6th, in my first season moved them up to 5th. In my second season we moved up to 4th and Champions League Football.

Then in my last season we won the Premier League and the UEFA Cup. I resigned seeking a new challenge. I joined Zaragoza in Spain, who had some money and finished 4th. Brought in Kolo Toure, Zarate and Valencia. We're a good side. We've just drew Man City, Inter and Club Brugge in our Champions League group.

Edited by Ringys LAAAAAAAAAAAAD

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When you face old clubs it's always interesting lol. On my old game after i left Liverpool to go to Valencia i ended up drawing them in the Champions League and when i played them at Anfield it felt like do i want to try and batter the team i had so many good memories with lol

I've deleted that Fake.inc file so waiting for the next international call ups to see if it works

I do actually, that is one of the hardest challenges, taking both san marino teams to european and world glory, especially considering San Marino are in Serie C2 or something, and the international team got beat 13-0 by Germany. If you are on about the triggers causing the bottom teams to qualify, which I think you are, that does not happen anymore since Si blatantly told everyone that such things existed and the hackers fixed all their no cd patches.

I went three seasons with Lazio, every season I was disappointing. I finished 6th, 4th and 8th in my three seasons. I got to the Champion's League quarter final in my third season, losing to Barcelona, and that was my greatest achievement. I then took over Cardiff who had just been promoted to the Premiership, I'm bottom after four games, with one point. If I get relegated, I'm gonna resign, if I'm not sacked.

Edited by Gavin

They won't sack you after 4 games haven't really seen anyone sacked after 4 games. On my FM Paul Jewell is bottom after like 12 games with Derby with 1pt so you should last a few more games just need to get a win and you should get the ball rolling again.

Who did you have to face first 4 games?

so does FM work like the Mogul games ?

I mean, is like the '06 version of the game available or does it still cost ? I've looked around some, but have only found demos and such.

I'd like to try out the full game before purchasing.

It still costs to buy, it more like the FIFA games and the Madden series.

The Demo is the full game, just that the game will end after 6 months in game time, all the functions are there.

And like I said before, FMLive can go fuck itself, it'll just end up with someone finding a 'cheat' tactic, then everyone will use it and it'll be shit..

That is ultimate gay.

Not bringing in any strikers as Villa was a horrible decision. Things started off well, even if we lost quite a few points because of Carson being shit. Then Carew got injured. Gaby never scored again(currently over 15 hours), Moore and Harewood couldn't do shit. Even with Matias Fernandez, Barry and sometimes Young giving them a bunch of awesome passes and crosses. No props for Barry though, as he missed 2 penalties that could have won us 4 points.

Last result was a 4-1 beating at Everton, with Carew scoring. We are tied for the worst offensive record with Portsmouth with only 7 goals in 11 matches. And we still have to play all of the top four. A tactical overhaul is underway.

Currently 4th in the Prem with the top 4 looking like this

1st-Arsenal

2nd-Chelsea

3rd-Everton

4th-Aston Villa

Near the end of october now and i play Everton next and i got to play Arsenal next both teams are unbeaten and so hopefully i'll be able to end those streaks and advance near the top. I'm beating my own expectations i wouldn't think i'd be in the top 4 but early days in the season

Can anyone help me with adding individual pics of players. I can download team packs and they work fine, but when I save pics of players (I save them by their player ID, like I am supposed to do, I think) they never work, do I need to add a config file or something, like the one's that I get in the packs. ^_^

Career update time:

While still England manager, took on the Forest Green job with five games to go in the 07/08 season. Was unable to save them from relegation to the Blue Square South, but bounced right back up as champions. I then resigned as England manager.

About twelve games in I was struggling at FG, so I resigned (and they managed to win the Blue Square Premier. Bastards <_<). Went to Bournemouth, where I had a disappointing mid-table season. They chose not to renew my contract, and so I ended up at Brentford (Bournemouth finished 2nd the next season <_<).

Mid-table most of the season, but managed to scrape the final play-off place. Beat Darlington over two legs, and then had Wycombe in the final. What a game! 5-5 after ninety minutes, and then went to penalties. It took a dozen penalties each to finally decide the winner...Brentford :D

God bless Leon Constantine. Bought him for 3k in January, and he's since scored 16 goals in 23 games, including a hattrick in the final and the winning penalty.

I'll probably come straight back down, but who gives a fuck :D

What is it with teams doing brilliant after I leave though? :(

P.S. 2nd in Manager of the Year to Bournemouth's Glenn Roeder <_<

Edited by Big Alamle

If you guys want a proper chat about FM, you should hop over to lol! ;)

[fact]Best FM Forum on the net.[/fact]

lol (Not A Link To Forum)

If you want a proper warning, you should carry on making these posts! ;)

[fact]This is against the rules[/fact]

14. Just because there is no advertising forum doesn't mean you can just post a topic plugging your site wherever you want. This means you cannot advertise except for a link in your sig. If people abuse this privelege it will be removed. (Link to the rules)

EDIT: Hammy deleted the guys post for advertising if anyone wonders WTF i'm going on about. :shifty:

Edited by King eLLis

I thought you could have 3 players over the age of 23 in your Under 23 squad, and when I've put in 3 it won't allow me to put any more, but then it says the three I put in are too old when I go to confirm the squad =/

Or is it only for the actual Olympics that you can do this (this is only for an Olympic qualifier match)?

Edited by Zaz

FM is dirt hard. :( Playing as Newcastle in a sort of trial game (I've never played an FM game before, so I'm just trialing and erroring before I really launch myself into a proper game). I'm currently 19th in the league after 4 games, having lost to Liverpool 3-1, Chelsea 4-1, Middlesborough 2-0 and drawing 1-1 at Bolton. I've also managed to lose friendlies to Milwall and Oldham. Despite this, I managed to beat Milan 2-1.

I am an awful manager. :(

I was all set to carry on my work with Shelbourne and strengthened the team signing a brilliant Ecuadorian striker named Esterilla for a free and a solid defender from Paraguay named Alcatraz, both of them are far better than any other player in the league but half way through the season I got a surprising job offer from Leicester City who have just been promoted to the EPL so I moved over there.

I have changed the entire back four getting Gerard Pique on a loan, Francisco Modesto from Lazio, a Moroccan defender and Roberto Pampin from some La Liga side. I loaned in a decent winger named Ryan Smith and up front I purchased Igli Tare and Rory McAllister(from my old club Shelbourne), I gave Ian Hume a go in the right wing for the first few matches but then loaned in Diego Biseswar from United, I play with two holding midfielders but have been unable to sign any decent DMF's with deals for Etuhu and Diego Rivas falling through.

4 matches in and I am undefeated, battling draws against Newcastle and Charlton wins over Boro and Liverpool also beat Torquay in the league cup.