The Official Halo 3 Topic

The Kraig

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends bitch and moan if we play anything other than Team Slayer, so I don't get much practice on objective games, and when I do get to play them, I always seem to come up against clans, or at least people who play a lot more regularly together, and I can't eveng et a handle on what works and what doesn't because I'm spawning so often.

I have a vice. Whenever I see a gravity lift or man cannon, I can't stop myself tossing a grenade or two into it and hoping for the best. So far? No, nothing has really come of it. Until tonight that is.

On Construct, on the lowest section of the map I killed one guy and casually tossed a grenade into the big orange mansteamer at the end of the room. I walk towards it with the intention of going up. At the last second I change my mind and turn around. After a little look around I find myself back in the main section and see Kou going up in the mansteamer. I throw in another grenade after him but knowing my own luck I figure it will fail so I turn away to plot my next move. Imagine my suprise when I get a double kill medal pop up on screen and Kou's, along with someone elses name, pop up on screen as my kills.

Turns out Kou had gone up there only to run into another guy. They promptly exchange swords clashes to drain their respective health. Neither sees a little frag grenade pop up from the steamer. Boom, both dead. Sure it was lucky but who cares. I thought it was awesome. So awesome I tried (horribly) at putting together a video and it now takes pride of place on my file share.

I just love killing Kou.

I have a vice. Whenever I see a gravity lift or man cannon, I can't stop myself tossing a grenade or two into it and hoping for the best. So far? No, nothing has really come of it. Until tonight that is.

On Construct, on the lowest section of the map I killed one guy and casually tossed a grenade into the big orange mansteamer at the end of the room. I walk towards it with the intention of going up. At the last second I change my mind and turn around. After a little look around I find myself back in the main section and see Kou going up in the mansteamer. I throw in another grenade after him but knowing my own luck I figure it will fail so I turn away to plot my next move. Imagine my suprise when I get a double kill medal pop up on screen and Kou's, along with someone elses name, pop up on screen as my kills.

Turns out Kou had gone up there only to run into another guy. They promptly exchange swords clashes to drain their respective health. Neither sees a little frag grenade pop up from the steamer. Boom, both dead. Sure it was lucky but who cares. I thought it was awesome. So awesome I tried (horribly) at putting together a video and it now takes pride of place on my file share.

I just love killing Kou.

Edited by Fitzy

I'm the bomb diggity at objective based games. Been playing those more than I have Team Slayer these days. Although, I do prefer the Big Team Battle objective games more than I do the ranked games.

Big Team Battle Territories is my shit.

Edited by Tristof

In that regard Im kinda glad I dont have a mic to distract me but when you're in a party with people talking away and are left to silence, you see where a mic would come in handy. I barely hear a word said during the game because I have to rely on my TVs speakers to pick out the voices.

Well, that big tease on the Bungie site for today is somewhat predictably the announcement of DLC.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/ne...roicmappack.htm

In summary, 3 maps for 800 points on Dec 11th. If you're not fussed on being an early adoptor you can wait until 'Spring 08' when they will be released for free in preperation of the next DLC pack.

Hopefully this means all the serious players will buy them and we'll be left with newbies we can whoop. :shifty:

Kou says:

Yeah I'll probably get it

Fuck you. :@

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/photos/halo-3...oic-map-pack-1/ Screenies. Standoff looks hawt.

Edited by TheEllisComplex