BIOSHOCK DEMO RELEASED!

abundant

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck yeah, I was hoping this was what the big SpikeTV announcement was! I can't wait to play this, downloading as I type.

EDIT - God damn, the demo just fucked Microsoft's shit UP! The xbox.com forums went down, majornelson.com went down, XBL went down, and people's Xboxes froze.. It's back up now, but still, fuck. And my download's stuck at 9%, what a bitch. >_<

Edited by Mysterio2000X

The endless praise and 10/10 rating it's already recieved were enough to convince me to buy it.

Granted it would have been nice for the demo to be released a bit earlier, but I'm just happy its being put out before the game comes out, as not nearly enough demos on live do that

Like JHS, I need the demo to convince me. Especially as I'll be getting the Legendary Halo 3 pack (about £70) and the special Mass Effect pack (about £50). That's a lot of money to splurge, but then again I haven't bought anything for MONTHS.

Bioshock is third on my list, but if I can't afford it, I can't afford it. And even if it IS as great as all the reviews say, I'll probably want to special version of that as well, which will be another £50, which could take a while to scrape together. Unemployment sucks balls.

In case you hadn't noticed, I loves me some extra content. *licks lips*

Does no one rent games anymore? That's how you try out a game.

A demo would have been nice, two months ago. Now, by the time you download the gigantic file, the game will be out. It just strikes me as odd, that's all.

Well most places that rent games, like Blockbuster, charge you $7.50 for a game and if its new, you get it for 2 days, so I think thats really turning people off.

Plus, c'mon this is exactly what is so great about XBox Live, yeah it sucks that the file is so huge, but that usually means you'll get a decent amount of gameplay out of it

Holy Shit! This game is going to be one of the best games this generation. The atmosphere is great. It rivals Half Life 2 in the immersion and story telling department. If you pick up some cigarettes, you’ll see the smoke. Drink to much wine and your screen is distorted for a few seconds.

What truly sets this game apart from every other game is that the enemies you fight aren’t mindless, no name foes. They have a character and a past, be it through ease dropping on conversations or through audio diaries. Some Splicers are bat shit insane, while others still have a shred of humanity in them. It adds to the atmosphere so much.

Sadly, you fight no Big Daddies. I can’t wait until the 21st. This game is going to be a classic for sure.

Okay, I know some of you have to be exaggerating rental price. There's no way a game rental costs $8 for two days. It's been awhile since I rented, but I know that's ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm not bashing demos, I'm merely saying it's kinda pointless to release a demo nine days before the actual game comes out. I honestly can't think of a single time when a demo was released after the game already went gold.

Guest Basquiat

Okay, I know some of you have to be exaggerating rental price. There's no way a game rental costs $8 for two days. It's been awhile since I rented, but I know that's ridiculous.

Blockbuster's new release games are 2 day rentals, have been since the original xbox came out. I said $8 as it seems to increase with each generation and Xbox and PS2 games were $7.25, I know cause I worked at a competing video store.

I've go to a Hollywood Video when I'm up at college, its got much fairer prices, but yeah all the blockbuster's I've seen only do 2 day rentals on new release games.

Anyways, I'd much rather play a free demo and decide to pay $60 for a game then drop and extra $7 on a rental. Is it stingy? Sure, but I'd rather not spend more money than I have to and Xbox live is currently making it so I don't have to