Madden 08

Toe

Just had a nail biter of a game.

I had the panthers against Falcons. First half I get dominated 24 to 0 . Second have I make a come back. We go into overtime 32-32. I get the ball first and slowly work my way down the field until it's intercepted. I hold them off from scoring , now it's a minute left in overtime. I get the ball and get into FG range.

I go to kick the FG , the camera view changes , control starts to slowly vibrate(heartbeat) , I kick it and the camera follows the ball 35yrd. FG for the win. I love the new addition of the camera mode switch and stuff during nailbiting situations

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that was a surprising season for sure. Somehow, my Bills managed to grab a wild card spot from the Colts in the final week of the season, finishing with a respectable 9 - 7 record. Sadly, the dream ended quickly as the Patriots squashed us in the wild card game. The Superbowl would see the Eagles face the Patriots again, but this time the Eagles (who had only three loses all season) would win the big game.

Lynch was NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year, while Paul Posluzny was NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year, so the future looks bright. Ricky Manning, Posluzny and Donte Whitner all went to the Pro-Bowl for my team. I decided to move my first round pick, as my team was stacked with youth, and packaged it with Peerless Price, sending him to Jacksonville for Marcus Stroud. I want to build from the defence out, so in free agency I grabbed Charles Tillman to really make my secondary rock solid.

Offensively, with Losman not progressing, the plan is to rely on Lynch. I did sign a new catching TE and Reggie Caldwell, so Losman will have some better options when I do need to run. It's defence first though for my team, so the hope is Losman won't need to throw many deep passes (although he has the arm to do it).

Which game did you like more last year, PS2 or PS3? I prefer the PS2 version myself, but they play exactly like last years. Also, has anyone had luck with sliders for All-Pro?

Edited by Trey

And here's my first major problem with Madden. I started a franchise with the Titans because they seem to be a great re-building project. Sim the first couple games just to see what kinda stats'll pop up...Vince Young rushes for over 100 yards in each game. So I simmed the entire season, he ended up with 1900 rushing yards and 15 TD's. Things like that just kill the game for me. I mean, sure, he'll pick up some decent rushing yards here and there, but 1900? C'mon. So annoying.

And here's my first major problem with Madden. I started a franchise with the Titans because they seem to be a great re-building project. Sim the first couple games just to see what kinda stats'll pop up...Vince Young rushes for over 100 yards in each game. So I simmed the entire season, he ended up with 1900 rushing yards and 15 TD's. Things like that just kill the game for me. I mean, sure, he'll pick up some decent rushing yards here and there, but 1900? C'mon. So annoying.

What system did you get Madden for?

On the 360 version, or at least in my game, neither Young or Vick passed 800 yards rushing. In fact, Vick had the same amount of rushing yards as JP Losman now that I look.

Simmed another season and he got over 1900 again with 18 TD's. I don't mind it as much if I'm playing with someone else, but it killed my desire to run a franchise with the Titans.

The game must be pretty good this year, everyone is only bitching about unis...

Personally I'm already addicted to it...happens every year. The only thing I have to complain about is the presentation, I can't stand that radio guy. Here's the call for the MNF crew, I think we can all agree we need more Tony Kornheiser.

Sliders don't effect the sims, far as I know at least.

I did update my sliders, based on a set I found on some Madden forums that are apparently pretty popular. They made my game tough and I'm only on all-pro at this point. First time in years I've actually felt real good competition from Madden, I love that.

What system did you get Madden for?

On the 360 version, or at least in my game, neither Young or Vick passed 800 yards rushing. In fact, Vick had the same amount of rushing yards as JP Losman now that I look.

I used the depth chart feature and you can move Vick completely off the depth chart and put say a Punter or Kicker 3rd string and Vick will still be on the roster but won't play at all barring injuries. I don't expect him to play in the NFL this year at all so the best case scenario would be the Falcons are healthy the whole year Harrington plays the majority of the snaps with DJ Shockley backing him up and then the next season in franchise the CPU would see oh hey Michael Vick and use him. Vick had around 800 yards rushing in a season I simmed with him still on the depth chart which isn't bad in my opinion.

The Wii version is getting bad reviews. People who loved 07 aren't liking 08. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 on the other hand sounds as if it will be incredibly fun on the Wii, so i'll probably get that instead (despite never having owned a golf game).

I did update my sliders, based on a set I found on some Madden forums that are apparently pretty popular. They made my game tough and I'm only on all-pro at this point. First time in years I've actually felt real good competition from Madden, I love that.