Madden 08

Toe

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing for a bit now, and playing on All Madden (with adjusted sliders to turn down fumbles/ints) I have yet to beat the computer. I can occasionally hit the deep ball (not with any regularity), but any time I'm inside their 25-30 yard line, any pass into the end zone is intercepted. Any post/corner pass is regularly knocked down or intercepted. And any pass where my receiver goes up a few yards and then breaks towards the sidelines has similar results. Is there any way to counter some of these? Whenever I hold the ball too long, it's either a sack or interception (as a result of getting rid of the ball when hit), but usually, I don't have much time to throw.

So... someone give me a team that you'd think I'm guaranteed to win no more then 6 games with on All-Madden, but have a huge salary cap available.

I'm thinking the Titans, but I've done pretty well with them in a couple of pre-season games just to see if I would be interested in doing a season with them. I need a challenge after some rather easy seasons with the Eagles (13-3, 15-1, 16-0 with two Superbowl wins in the latter years).

So... someone give me a team that you'd think I'm guaranteed to win no more then 6 games with on All-Madden, but have a huge salary cap available.

I'm thinking the Titans, but I've done pretty well with them in a couple of pre-season games just to see if I would be interested in doing a season with them. I need a challenge after some rather easy seasons with the Eagles (13-3, 15-1, 16-0 with two Superbowl wins in the latter years).

I am holding off on getting it for a while, but I think I'm going to do some research and see if there are any hacks for the PC version that let you use custom playbooks with custom teams. If there are, I'll get that. If not, the PS2 version.

I am holding off on getting it for a while, but I think I'm going to do some research and see if there are any hacks for the PC version that let you use custom playbooks with custom teams. If there are, I'll get that. If not, the PS2 version.

Someone on another board broke it down.

As most of you know, when you edit a player it screws up his age (and contract but I won't be discussing that here as I haven't tested how it screws this up yet). After testing, here is what I've been able to come up with how this age glitch is working.

Each player has his Date of Birth programmed into his profile. This date of birth is used to calculate a player's age when you edit him (who knows why they even programmed it to do this).

However, when you get into a year past year 1 (2007) of your franchise (we'll use 2011 as an example) it doesn't take into account that the year is 2011. It still recalculates his age based on the year 2007 . So year 2011 Darrelle Revis is 26 (as he should be), then when I edit him he becomes 22. Why? Because he is 22 in the year 2007. I've tested this with multiple players with the same result.

The only one I can't figure out is how it recalculates the players imported from NCAA 08. A player imported from NCAA 08 was drafted in the year 2010 at which point he was 21 years old (he came out as a junior so this sounds about right). In year 2011 he is 22, when I edit him he then becomes 26. So it looks like Madden 08 has automatically assigned him a birth year of 1985 for some reason (even though it should be 1989 if he was 21 in 2010) and then used that number to recalculate his age.

Now as far as editing a player outside of franchise or in the first year of franchise, the glitch seems to happen to anybody who's birth month was after the date when they finalized the default rosters. We'll use Carson Palmer as an example. His default age is listed as 26 (even though in real life at this time he is 27, and will be 28 this December). So now if you edit him his age will go to 28 even though it should go to 27. The game seems to be using December 31, 2007 (at which point Carson will be 28) as the date to recalculate the age and not the current date in your franchise.

So, anybody who's birth date is before this "final" default roster date will have the correct age (and will remain that age when edited in year 1 of franchise) and anybody who's birthday is after will be 1 year younger than they're supposed to be (and will become their correct age when edited as it will be as of December 31, 2007).

Hopefully this makes sense and hopefully someone at EA sees this as well.

Also if anyone wants to expand on this further that would be great.