Truly Frightening/Creepy Songs?

slain

I've always thought that Revolution 9 by The Beatles was creepy as hell. Anyone else have any songs that are really creepy, or stuff that they're even afraid to listen to?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it probably doesn't really count for a song that much, the start of the hidden track of New Found Glory's 'Sticks And Stones' CD, scared the piss out of me as I had the earphones in, at like 1AM when I first heard it, and had no clue what the hell was going on until the rest of it kicked it.

So back in 2001 I bought Gorillaz' self-titled release. When I got home, I put it on play and lay down to relax a bit, and I then proceeded to fall asleep. I woke up at... about 5 AM, I'd say, with everything completely dark... and "M1A1" playing. I was pretty much too scared to move.

Also, I've always found "They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaaa!" by Napoleon XIV to be one of the most unintentionally frightening songs of all time. Or, at least, I've always believed it was unintentional.

I forget the name of the song, but there's a Marilyn Manson song that has a voice saying "Prick your finger it is done, the moon has now eclipsed the sun. The angel has spread it's wings. The time has come for bitter sings." Easily the creepiest thing I've ever heard on a CD.

Nine Inch Nails' "Another Version of the Truth" from Year Zero disturbed me the first time I heard it. Was reading "World War Z" (which somehow meshes together really well with Yr. Zero) and came to the Battle of Yonkers as the track came on.

Static-X's "A Dios Alma Perdida" can scare the bejeebus out of you if you're not paying attention when it comes on. Won't spoil it for you, but you'll know when the song has officially kicked in.

Axeman by Amebix is pretty fucking creepy with the lyric "SLAUGHTER!!!" and then with some whispering voice "He's herreeee".

There was this band called Ethnic Cleansing that I found to be very frightening. It was more to do with just how fucking racist they were, and their sound was just...scary. I could picture a bunch of idiot skinheads assembling to this shitty RAC music.