Truly Frightening/Creepy Songs?

slain

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the entirety of Tomahawk's Anonymous album to be creepy, from War Song to Crow Dance. Just an atmospheric album.

"I Come And Stand At Every Door" by This Mortal Coil, "Patriot (A Single)" by Scott Walker, "N.L.T." by SunnO))) & Boris, "Sleep" by Godspeed! You Black Emperor and "Land Of Some Other Order" by Earth probably all fit the kind of eery and creepy category, but I'd be hard pressed to think of "frightening" songs per-sé.

EDIT: Actually, Penderecki's "Threnody For The Victims Of Hiroshima" probably fits the bill for frightening.

Edited by Skumsy Collins

I just realized that people probably have no idea what I was talking about, so let me elaborate. After the final song on that album, the track kept going on (as in, time kept ticking but there was no music playing) and I never really paid it much attention. I just left the headphones in and started clicking around the internet. Suddenly and from out of no where, a low, low voice starts talking about builds up...

"Someone's in your house...."

You seriously need to hear it, the voice is creepy as hell and then you're able to hear the heavy breathing... ugh. It scared the shit out of me until the end where it goes "You understand this isn't just a CD... it is taking over your brain...You think... you think you are SAFE?" before bursting out into a loud voice yelling;

"MAKE WAY FOR THE QUEEN"

I think the only song I've ever been truly creeped out by was "Daddy" by Korn. Hearing that for the first time in my early teen years with headphones was damn uncomfortable and I still refuse to listen to it. Also, around the same time period, just about Manson's entire "Smells Like Children" album creeped me out as well but I've since come to terms with it.

"I Come And Stand At Every Door" by This Mortal Coil, "Patriot (A Single)" by Scott Walker, "N.L.T." by SunnO))) & Boris, "Sleep" by Godspeed! You Black Emperor and "Land Of Some Other Order" by Earth probably all fit the kind of eery and creepy category, but I'd be hard pressed to think of "frightening" songs per-sé.

EDIT: Actually, Penderecki's "Threnody For The Victims Of Hiroshima" probably fits the bill for frightening.

Most of Earth's discography is creepy, I still like to go back and listen to Earth2 on occasion just for how atmospheric songs like Teeth Of The Lions Rule The Divine is.