In Rainbows

probablyoliver

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. It's two vinyls and a CD, special edition sorta thing, helping to raise the money they'll inevitably lose by introducing this sort of practice (free downloading) to those who don't usually do it, in lieu of an actual CD until next year.

...because they're giving it away, for free? They have to pay for studio time, production of the items, marketing, advertising. As such, £40 for something which wouldn't cost far off that anyway, isn't that expensive, when you consider that you can just get it legally for free. Supporting the band, yadda, yadda, yadda.

I happily paid a tenner for it. £40 does seem steep, but then when you're getting all that shit with it, eh. You can choose to pay over the odds, or nothing at all, I can't see why anyone's complaining.

I happily paid a tenner for it. £40 does seem steep, but then when you're getting all that shit with it, eh. You can choose to pay over the odds, or nothing at all, I can't see why anyone's complaining.

I did the same. As long as it's worth it, who cares how much you pay?

I'm undecided on what my feeble conscience will allow me to pay for it. I haven't actually bought a Radiohead album since OK Computer, so could I justify about three quid in a 'I probably wouldn't have bought it full price' move?

I'll chuck in some ching, as they're one of my top five bands and every album they've done thus far I've liked. Some albums I took longer to adjust to than usual (I saw them in 2000 when Kid A had been released, and I just thought wtf - now it's one of my favourites of theirs) but they've always delivered, so I'm happy to contribute.