Futurama: Bender's Big Score

figos

The Hypnotoad gag was the only one that made me laugh aloud, which is slightly disconcerting. That being said, it's Futurama. Even if the teaser didn't rock my world I'm still going to watch the thing... uh. When one of my friends buys it on DVD. Yes.

I'm not going to watch the trailer, or even read this thread..

but I am so looking forward to these movies, even more than I was the Simpsons movie.

I'm on such a Futurama kick at the moment, watching all the episodes in a row.

I'm about halfway through season three I think. I'm watching them all with and without commentarys. Some of the commentaries are solid gold in themselves. The Egyption episode with John DiMaggio and Billy West speaking in character is priceless.

• 1 month later...

I thought that was utterly fantastic. I was sceptical at first, as it took a while to get going, but it got absolutely fantastic the more it went on...the amount of recurring minor characters was expected, but brilliantly done, although I did expect bigger roles for Zapp Brannigan and Barbados Slim. Al Gore was a great touch. I marked out most for "God", the Channukah Zombie and Hedonism-Bot, though.

Brilliant, basically, just brilliant. I like how the snippets of Fry's life in the past fitted neatly with what we already know about him, the Santa/Channukah Zombie/Kwanza-Bot song was great...just all fantastic.

Does anyone know who sung the version of "30 Century Man" at the end? I know it wasn't Scott Walker, but I absolutely loved hearing it used.

I watched it the other day. Just want to add a quick 2cents before going to bed.

It was good, but I didn't feel blown away by it. It lost my interest around half way through, but it did tie up some lose ends quite cleverly.

Entertaining? yes. Worth buying...hmmmm.

If you're an avid futurama fan then i'm sure you'll love it, else it's a bit hit and miss.

Total cheese-fest for the first half, then it spins a classic Futurama yarn in the second. For once, I honestly did not see that ending coming (though it was a bit of a stretch, they played it out as plausibly as possible.) Fantastic all the way around, and for those who have not yet watched the Hypnotoad extra, do it now...and be prepared for the 'dramatic' scene.

My wife and I watched this last night, and I for one thought it was immense. My one complaint was that the Scammers weren't nearly as interesting as previous antagonists in the series, which means a large chunk of this movie was devoted to me watching characters I didn't give a shit about. That said, anything involving the other characters was done perfectly. And I was super-stoked to see not just God but Kwanzaa-Bot, who really needs to show up more often. A.

It is a good thing that 90% of this movie brought the awesome, and that they did the whole Fry and Leela will they/won't they story almost as well as it was done in "The Sting" (although, much like with the episodes post-"The Sting" and with the "last episode", I can see them not being together in the next film, with no mention of them having been together in the past), because the Scammers got old really fast and, as people have said, really weren't strong enough villains to carry the whole film...they were a couple of decent jokes dragged out far too long. Although the "solid gold Death Stars" made me laugh an inordinate amount.

And is it just me, or did this film miss at least one golden opportunity for "...whale biologist."

Edited by Skummy