EWB Boxing

9 to 5

S&B isn't bad, but as I've shown :shifty: it's not impenetrable. All you have to do is counter it with a more in-depth fight plan that's prepared for what it's going to do.

S&B pretty much guarantees that come round 4 you're going to bounce into that 7/5/8 (ring) plan to make a comeback (clinch drops your aggression so you punch less and body is less accurate), and if your opponent has been working the body the first three rounds the extra movement & aggression in round 4 is going to drop your stamina even more...and ring is easier to hit than clinch, which is why I'm ruining everybody's shit in round 4.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S&B isn't bad, but as I've shown :shifty: it's not impenetrable. All you have to do is counter it with a more in-depth fight plan that's prepared for what it's going to do.

S&B pretty much guarantees that come round 4 you're going to bounce into that 7/5/8 (ring) plan to make a comeback (clinch drops your aggression so you punch less and body is less accurate), and if your opponent has been working the body the first three rounds the extra movement & aggression in round 4 is going to drop your stamina even more...and ring is easier to hit than clinch, which is why I'm ruining everybody's shit in round 4.

I've been paying sufficiently little attention to how the system works that I was lost beyond 'guarantees'.

Hall of Records - Fighter rankings

I know the Gym rankings one seems the better fit, but most of those categories are heavily limited (the only one that actually works is "titles held", and not everyone has a title). The fighter rankings shows the fighters in a weight division but the gyms are on the right of the table.

Yeah, it has to update them. I'm not exactly sure when it happens; I think it's when they have their fight scheduled that it goes through and ranks them all.

RIP Paul London's title reign. I put the wrong fight plan on him and he ended up with under 40 endurance points left in the fifth round.

It's fixed now though, so that belt is going back where it belongs.

I am deriving way too much enjoyment from taking on the discarded boxers of other gyms and vowing to take them to the TOP.

Also from the fact that I have more wins than any other gym. And also more losses. And more draws. Just more fights, really. What with having like a million boxers now.

Edited by The Evil Overlord *

Guest bejads001

I just been flicking through this topic and all thsi looks really fun.... and i was just wondering how do you sign up, play and what do you do??? any help would be greatly appreciated

Guest bejads001

i just signed up with my gym The Pit and i have absolutly no idea what i am doing lol i have one fighter so far i shall create more soon lol 9 to 5 if you could help me out with how to have fights and train it would be greatly appriated and i joined in the league you made as well... sorry for the double post also

Man I thought Artie had Briggs number. The early knockdown had me worried , but luckily my boy got up and stuck with his gameplan and eventually got the Knockout!. I would have paid to watch that fight as there was some great exchanges

Just created a new heavyweight Morgan Mastadon If the practice fights are any indications , this guy is going to be a beast. He's went through all my other fighter 4-5 times in practice fights

Edited by Captain Howdy

Do we need to come up with fight plans? I'm using the pre-set ones. Are they rubbish?

Due to the fact that I just anhialated you, I'd say they were, yes :P I couldn't even beat the easiest sparring partners, but couldn't be arsed to change it ¬_¬

I lost all four of my fights last night on decisions. I don't think that is grounds to call things annihilation .

I created a bunch of extra fighters - pretty sure I've at least two in every division by now. I doubt it'll help my success, but it's more fun this way. Except the way that even my better fighters choke horribly as soon as there's a title on the line. THAT'S annoying. >_>