THE RESULTS: EWB's 100 Favourite Bands

YI

I must have missed that period in which Marvin Gaye hooked up with a series of influential hip hop artists and producers.

Meh, I just find it funny that elitists tend to bash both of these acts, and yet this guy is completely killing one while praising the other - despite the music made by the one he's bashing takes quite a bit more skill.

surely JT has earned respect through the awesome songs he's done?

And Robbie's first two solo albums remain two of my favourite pop albums ever, but he wrote jack-shit. Most, if not all of his songs were written by Guy Chambers. Does it make it any less decent? Not in the slightest, respect isn't earned through songwriting credits, nor should it be. Just because some second rate, shitty indie band write their own music, it doesn't mean I'm going to think of them higher than a multi-million album selling artist who has monkeys churn out music for them. It just means they're taking different routes.

Linkin Park's writing is some of the cheesiest, most clichéd, dull, boring shite I've ever listened to. It's awful, and just because they write it themselves doesn't make it anymore bearable. Justin, on the other hand, makes good music, regardless of who writes it. It's enjoyable, fun, pop music with good riffs, good collaborations and great vocals. I love the music he makes because that is my opinion. I hate Linkin Park, however, that is not an opinion; it is fact. They. Are. Shit. (Y)

And you can't exactly say I sound like someone who bashes anything MTV, because I adore Cribs.

If I was ever on Cribs, I'd describe my house in the new language that I'd just made up on the spot. Then insist they take their shoes off because at the end of the day, you've got to be sensible about these things.

I must have missed that period in which Marvin Gaye hooked up with a series of influential hip hop artists and producers.

Meh, I just find it funny that elitists tend to bash both of these acts, and yet this guy is completely killing one while praising the other - despite the music made by the one he's bashing takes quite a bit more skill.

ahahahahahahaha

Linkin Park...

...Skill...

ahahahahahahaha