THE RESULTS: EWB's 100 Favourite Bands

YI

Before we kick off with the first lot of the list. Lets have a look at the notable exceptions. These are bands which have aquired more than 1 nomination, but don't have enough to make the list.

NOTABLE ARTISTS MISSING (WHO RECEIVED MORE THAN 1 NOMINATION):

12 Stones (16pt)

Avenged Sevenfold (14pt)

Garth Brooks (14pt)

Wolfmother (14pt)

The Clash (12pt)

Within Temptation (12pt)

Bullet For my Valentine (12pt)

MIA (10pt)

Air (8pt)

Primus (8pt)

Snow Patrol (8pt)

Static-X (8pt)

Trivium (8pt)

Paul McCartney (6pt)

The Postal Service (6pt)

The lack of nominations for Gorillaz makes me weep...fuck you all.

Let the bitching/discussion commence!!!

And for those who care, 389 artists were nominated this year.

Edited by YI

Not a fan of any of the bands, minus Rob Zombie. Though I don't like Bad Religion I thought they might be higher. Also Zombie's best album is Hellbilly Deluxe, featuring such songs as Dragula and Living Dead Girl.

BTW, how does the song go that you always hear? I'm just curious to see which one it is.

:( I'll stop it then. :(

My suggestion, as someone who has watched and mocked the list with interest, is that it's totally cool to mock the results because they're usually very silly, but maybe the mockery should be done in a separate post than the actual result? Like, "AND THIS IS 95 - 91" or whatever in one post and then after that you could do another one with yours and Ace's or whomever's thoughts on them. Or something. Just constructive criticism, is all.

Because I sodding hate waiting about. :shifty:

supergrass300.jpg

-95-. SUPERGRASS (20pt: 7-3)

68-B2B-Protestthehero_press.jpg

-94-. PROTEST THE HERO (20pt: 9-1)

Coldplay.jpg

-93-. COLDPLAY (21pt: 4-2-1)

clutch.jpg

-91-. CLUTCH (22pt: 7-4)

BlackSabbath005.jpg

-91-. BLACK SABBATH (22pt: 7-4)

PROTEST THE HERO!!! :wub: Supergrass...:wub: I haven't listened to them in years.

Sabbath should be, like. Decidedly higher but I don't have any major qualms with this five otherwise. I don't care for Coldplay but a spot in the 90s isn't the end of the world.

who on earth are Clutch? I'm shocked to see Sabbath and Coldplay so low, altho it doesn't really affect me. I didn't vote, so the likelihood of seeing Pixies, Reuben, Million Dead and yourcodenameis:milo represented are pretty much nil. >_> Maybe we'll see Pixies, and if rockbox, dragsy, benji and liam all voted, maybe we'll see Reuben too.