THE RESULTS: EWB's 100 Favourite Bands

YI

Never heard The Weakerthans. Only even heard of them because YI bangs on about them from time to time.

Marilyn Manson's almost uniformly dreadful, but has his moments. By which I mean The Dope Show.

Alice In Chains are great but have somehow become insanely over-rated in recent years...back in the day no one really gave a toss, suddenly I see them being heralded as some awesomely influential metal band, and not just grunge/90s rock also-rans with a few good tracks...Jerry Cantrell's "Degradation Trip" and maybe even Mad Season were better. I like them, but they wouldn't be anywhere near a personal top 100, I don't think.

Lamb Of God bore me. If you're going to do the really heavy thing, either do it interestingly (Strapping Young Lad, Khanate) or just really fucking well (Napalm Death, The Berzerker, Gorerotted), Lamb Of God do neither, and don't really interest me at all, as is the case with most metal these days.

Which leads me on to In Flames. Yawn.

Weakerthans are good, but YI does overhype them a little. They do have some blinding tracks tho (the antratic one with the really long name is awesome!).

Manson, Lamb of God and In Flames are expected, altho all of them are shite.

Never got into Alice in Chains, the song that was on GTA was good, but everything else I've heard is pretty meh, but they're a pretty influential band with a lot of deserved fans, so I suppose they deserve their placing.

Lamb Of God bore me. If you're going to do the really heavy thing, either do it interestingly (Strapping Young Lad, Khanate) or just really fucking well (Napalm Death, The Berzerker, Gorerotted), Lamb Of God do neither, and don't really interest me at all, as is the case with most metal these days.

I'm also jumping on the Lamb of God are shit bandwagon. I reckon I've heard one good song from them and that's it.

I still want to know if Idlewild got on the list though >_<

Edited by Turbonegro

Meh, I saw them live supporting Machine Head with Chimaira opening, and next week I'm seeing them support Heaven and Hell with Iced Earth opening. On record, Chimaira are far superior to them, and Iced Earth are better than just about everyone. I'd heard that Lamb of God were excellent live and... they didn't impress me at all. I don't know what they did to earn the Heaven and Hell main support slot to be honest. I don't know, I just don't get them.

Meh, I saw them live supporting Machine Head with Chimaira opening, and next week I'm seeing them support Heaven and Hell with Iced Earth opening. On record, Chimaira are far superior to them, and Iced Earth are better than just about everyone. I'd heard that Lamb of God were excellent live and... they didn't impress me at all. I don't know what they did to earn the Heaven and Hell main support slot to be honest. I don't know, I just don't get them.

Hmm, I saw them headline one of those Roadrage things, IIRC, and maybe it was due to the other bands not being as good, but LOG were far and away the best band there.

So far only one thing has come to mind about this list to me.

I fuckin hate emo kids.

Seriously, how the hell do you get Led Zep in the bottom of the countdown? Seriously! Alice In Chains and Manson should be a bit higher, but I won't complain. Manson is quite the acquired taste.

If Metallica and Pink Floyd do not break Top 10, this place will be burnt to the ground with flame posts...

Manson is fucking awful. And there's only 3 or 4 bands in the entire list which COULD be catagorised as emo.

It's EWB's "FAVOURITE" bands. Hell. I don't like a fair few of these artists. Seriously, although a lot of you claim the contrary, a lot f EWB have a very thin, narrow minded view of music and bands they enjoy.

Manson is fucking awful. And there's only 3 or 4 bands in the entire list which COULD be catagorised as emo.

It's EWB's "FAVOURITE" bands. Hell. I don't like a fair few of these artists. Seriously, although a lot of you claim the contrary, a lot f EWB have a very thin, narrow minded view of music and bands they enjoy.

If I was one of those snarky posters, I'd point out how that last comment made you sound elitist (as in, you aren't one of those, and are therefore better).

But I wouldn't do that >_>