mastodon.jpg

-69-. MASTODON (34pt: 10-7)

shins.jpg

-68-. THE SHINS (36pt: 6-5-1)

they_might_be_giants.gif

-64-. THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS (38pt: 10-9)

the_pillows.jpg

-64-. THE PILLOWS (38pt: 10-9)

There are another 2 bands in the next set tied on 64.

Boards Of Canada I don't think have ever interested me. Only heard one or two tracks on last.fm, but they never caught my attention.

Couldn't give a toss about Mastodon. They're functional metal, but nothing special, nothing I'd ever go out of my way to listen to.

The Shins...lo-fi indie signed to Sub-Pop...no complaints there. Don't know them too well, but I like what I've heard.

They Might Be Giants are pretty good, if a bit gimmicky at times, but definitely a good band. No problem with them being up there.

It always amazes me that The Pillows make these lists every year...I don't think I've ever met anyone in to them. Definitely not complaining though, lovely stuff.

Edited by Maximillian Von Rocketlegs

Sod it, here goes.

zap_cure.jpg

-64-. THE CURE (38pt: 10-9)

:wub: Didn't make my list, but I'm on a total Cure kick at the minute.

418909_crowdedhouse_200x200.jpg

-64-. CROWDED HOUSE (38pt: 10-9)

Offspring_143.jpg

-63-. THE OFFSPRING (39pt: 6-5-2)

070131-deathcab.jpg

-62-. DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE (39pt: 7-4-2)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

151559__springsteen_l.jpg

-61-. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN (39pt: 8-3-2)

Death Cab, The Cure, The Pillows and The Shins make Ollie happy.

Now onto the others; Boards of Canada and Mastodon I've never really heard. I've only heard one song by Mastadon and it wasn't my cup of tea, and I've never even heard of BoC. They Might Be Giants are alright, I suppose, but they don't deserve to be on a top 100 list, they're horrendously over-rated and passed off as something musically special, when in reality, they're reeeeeally not.

Crowded House are a bit shit, but nothing offensively bad. Again, they don't deserve a place so high at all. The Offspring are good when you're 13. Brusce Springsteen's alright, but he's a bit past it now, and out of everyone that game out of that era (Dylan, Thorogood, Derrick & The Dominos) he's probably the worst of the lot.

The Cure are probably the best band so far. I don't think I actually voted for them, but very happy that they made it.

Crowded House are pretty naff...decent radio pop act, but really not a good band.

The Offspring have two good songs, neither of them in the past ten years or so.

Death Cab I'm fairly indifferent towards for the most part, but they're pretty lovely live, so no complaints there.

I've got a soft spot for The Boss, despite all his '80s wank, despite his 101 ways to sing about your car, despite being a rock star millionaire singing about the plight of the working man, despite resting on his laurels at every available opportunity, and despite his horrible screenhogging at the Roy Orbison Black & White Night show, he's still a bit special.

This is probably the best group so far.

I wouldn't be pushing for Crowded House in a top 100, but fuck it, I love them, so them coming so high makes me happy.

As for how rock-orientated it is, thats because the people that tend to vote like rock and the various musical off-shots of it. Plus bands tend to lean towards rock rather than other genres, and thats what it is asking for.

OMG THS BAND TTLY DESERVS HIER! YOU GYS SUK!

You're all idiots :P Seriously though, I don't get the elitism, this isn't a question of the BEST band, it's a question of peoples favourites, every year someone explains this, the next few posts will agree then we'll be right back to silly insults of peoples taste, why am I bothering? To boost my e-penis? Maybe. To boost my self-image as a neutral corner? Totally. To insult the tastes of any who insult pretty much any band on this list so far because it's been pretty fucking good (except Bloc Party, Helicopter is done, now fuck off :shifty:)? Fo' sho'. Cocksuckers.

Exactly, I don't feel the need to whinge about where various bands are placed on the list, it isn't exactly as if this is the be all and end all. It is nice to see certain bands placed, but otherwise, I don't really care what happens. It is just interesting to see how it all stacks up.