THE RESULTS: EWB's 100 Favourite Bands

YI

Every band on this list except like 4-5 absolutely suck so far.

Me forgetting to put Motorhead on my list and causing them to not make it, makes me sad.

Bastard! We could have made it happen and got Motorhead on this list. :shifty:

They would given the Top 100 some balls anyway.

Oh, and I have to say I'm loving Skummy's remarks toward each list. Easily the highlight of this thread.

Lets get onto the 'good' stuff;

070126_iggy.jpg

-50-. IGGY (POP) & THE STOOGES (54pt: 9-6-3)

Iggy Pop is seriously the ugliest motherfucker alive.

sum41_l.jpg

-49-. SUM 41 (54pt: 10-5-3)

Remove all ethnic minorities from your band, and you learn to abuse the C-G-Am-F chord pattern 5 times more than Blink 182 did.

dragonforce.jpg

-48-. DRAGONFORCE (57pt: 8-6-5)

My.Chemical.Romance.jpg

-47-. MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE (57pt: 8-8-3)

Am I the only one who thinks the singer looks like a baddy from Harry Potter?

parabowield7.jpg

-46-. DAVID BOWIE (57pt: 9-5-5)

The Stooges are lovely.

Sum 41 are a band that have never and will never appeal to me, I can't stand that kind of post-Offspring whiny pop-punk stuff, it's just grating. Pain For Pleasure was moderately amusing the first couple of times, though.

Dragonforce are probably on equal footing as Sum 41, as "epic" power metal is just as irritating a genre. We get it, you can play really really fast guitar solos, now try writing a good song. Although the video game stuff gets a thumbs-up.

My Chemical Romance...refer to my earlier point about whiny pop-punk, although with the added irritation of them not coming up with anything original to write about. Oh you didn't enjoy school and you couldn't get a girlfriend? How insightful.

David Bowie's great, despite the '80s' best efforts. Obviously Ziggy is a classic album, and his "Berlin trilogy" are among the best albums of the '70s, and Black Tie White Noise was fucking incredible...

• Like 1

Iggy and the Stooges? Fuck yes, I still have faith in you EWB, I really do. And then I get David Bowie as well? This is great, those two make the list very enjoyable for me. So far I get the Stooges, Bowie, and Sabbath. I'll call it a victory up to this point.

And Iggy ugly? He's not ugly, he's unique. :shifty:

Edit - And those creepers on the guy in Sum 41 are fucking punk rock.

My Chemical Romance...refer to my earlier point about whiny pop-punk, although with the added irritation of them not coming up with anything original to write about. Oh you didn't enjoy school and you couldn't get a girlfriend? How insightful.

:lol: But in fairness, a lot of rock and roll was based on those two subjects.

Edited by VerbalPuke

As I used to love Sum 41, and they were the first band I ever considered myself a "fan" of, I'm alright with them making the list. I never got around to listening to Underclass Hero yet though.

MCR I don't mind. They have a couple songs I like ("Sunny Sets...", "Helena", "Teenagers").

And I'm pleased to see Bowie make it. Ziggy Stardust and Station to Station ranking among my favorite albums.

DragonForce doesn't appeal to me, but outside of Metallica I don't listen to any form of 'metal' at all.

And I haven't really listened to much of Iggy before, so can't say much.

Guest tiarnantman

For anyone who cares, Evanescence are still hanging in there, so, obviously, there is some justice in this world (or on this board).

Edited by tiarnantman

Actually, no, it was a horrifying clerical error. How awkward!

Oh shut up. People like things you don't, deal with it.

joke –noun

1. something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act: He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.

2. something that is amusing or ridiculous, esp. because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce: Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke.

Jesus, Fitzy, grow up. If you haven't noticed, we are NOT BEING SERIOUS. I'm aware that people legitimately enjoy Linkin Park. More power to them! I don't. And given that I don't, and given that the very nature of the way this list is posted is intended to incite discussion, your "GOD GUYS DON'T BE ELITIST FUCK YOU" bullshit is completely petty and unfounded.

As for the list itself. Iggy and the Stooges? Awesome. Bowie? I'm not a huge fan but I see the significance. The rest of this latest grouping I don't care for so much, though. Especially MCR, though I will say that Gerard Way is writing an awesome comic book for Dark Horse right now so I have some goodwill there.

joke –noun

1. something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act: He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.

2. something that is amusing or ridiculous, esp. because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce: Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke.

Jesus, Fitzy, grow up. If you haven't noticed, we are NOT BEING SERIOUS. I'm aware that people legitimately enjoy Linkin Park. More power to them! I don't. And given that I don't, and given that the very nature of the way this list is posted is intended to incite discussion, your "GOD GUYS DON'T BE ELITIST FUCK YOU" bullshit is completely petty and unfounded.

As for the list itself. Iggy and the Stooges? Awesome. Bowie? I'm not a huge fan but I see the significance. The rest of this latest grouping I don't care for so much, though. Especially MCR, though I will say that Gerard Way is writing an awesome comic book for Dark Horse right now so I have some goodwill there.

Speak for yourself, Linkin are shit, and to be the stereotypical elitist opinion that I already am, if you disagree - you're just plain wrong.

Edited by Ollie

joke –noun

Speak for yourself, Linkin are shit, and to be the stereotypical elitist opinion that I already am, if you disagree - you're just plain wrong.

Fuck you, Ollie, you mean jerky jerkface. Why must you state your difference in opinion like that?

I actually meant Hamster and I's jokes in terms of not being serious. My disdain for Linkin Park as a band is serious business.

Edited by GoGo Yubari *

joke –noun

Except you are being elitist and not really putting forth any discussion at all...

... um, and you are? You're making personal attacks and throwing a tantrum. And I'm done arguing with you in here; if you really care so much that I dislike Linkin Park send me a PM or somesuch, this is completely derailing the actual thread.

I don't care if you don't Linkin Park at all... The only thing that I have a problem with besides your elitism is you claiming to have a discussion here when all you are really doing is saying everything that has been listed thus far sucks or is shit or is bland just because you don't like it. How is that a discussion? That is just you being annoying. Hardly a discussion.