THE RESULTS: EWB's 100 Favourite Bands

YI

Pantera needs to be higher then they should...waaayyy higher I think. They're one of the top metal bands in the past 20 years or so. But they did make the list so I' am happy. It would make me even more happy is they were higher.

Eh...I don't think it's elitist to pass judgment on any of these bands, we all voted in this, and we all obviously would like to see our votes do well. If we can't say whether or not we like these bands, why bother with a discussion thread at all? What else is there to say?

Oh, and the Velvets :wub: best band so far.

I never hit it off with Pearl Jam. I see them in the same league as bands like Alice In Chains; they were good for their time, but they should have stayed in that time. Whereas other gruge acts of that time like SoundGarden, Pixies and Nirvana still sound just as good. Pearl Jam just don't interest me at all.

The Exies... who?

Plus 44 are alright at best. A couple of good songs and milllllles ahead of AVA, but again; they just don't excite me. They're a good pop band, but in a shortlist for the top 100? No way, no how.

Breaking Benjiman are exactly the same. To me they just sound like popular, radio friendly alt. rock that has no substance to it.

Timberlake, on the other hand, is the best thing to happen to pop music since "Love Me Do", and I'm not even adding hyperbole there, Timberlake is just that damn good.

The Exies... who?

I pretty much know them as "that band who had a song that was fun to play in Guitar Hero but wasn't actually fun to listen to."

And Breaking Benjamin... yeah. Can I get a side of bland with that bland?

I was only involved in one of these in the past, and all I remember was Mad Capsule Markets made the cut, and the top three were Zeppelin, Radiohead and the Beatles; so I have no problem with it at all. This time around is just vile so far, with only about fifteen bands I can bare and only about five I'd put in a top 200, let alone 100!

The problem is that the voting seems to be based on what people are liking at that moment in time, and not what their favourite bands ever are. It's like this is a top 100 for the first week of October (or whenever the voting was), when really the voters should really spend some time thinking as to who their favourite acts are.

It's like, take me for example. Right now I'm listening to a lot of The Format, a lot of Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly and a lot of Stereophonics, yet I wouldn't dream of voting them as my top 10 favourite bands. They're just what I like listening to right now, and it seems that the members here seem to get confused as to voting for who they like at that moment in time and who they maybe should be voting for.

I'm not having a go or nowt, because I know it would be influenced by what's happening at that moment at time, who's got a new album out (and therefore who you're listening to the back catalogue of) and stuff like that. It's like, I imagine bands like Rage Against the Machine, Nine Inch Nails and Smashing Pumpkins are probably going to be quite high in this list, or at least they'll place in the list, whereas two/three years ago when all of them were inactive, they'd probably be a lot lower in the list.

It's a tough one to judge, but the voting really is soooooo spur of the moment.