THE RESULTS: EWB's 100 Favourite Bands

YI

Rob Zombie and Sabbath I'm happy with, although Sabbath should be higher...that said, I didn't vote for them, so I can't exactly complain. Clutch are a surprise, but I don't know if I actually like them or not.

Shame about Seether.

Coldplay, Kaisers etc. were inevitable, so I'm glad we got them out of the way early. Couldn't give a toss about the rest, really.

Shame Primus, Air and MIA didn't make it, but that's balanced out by neither Trivium or Avenged Sevenfold making the list, so all's fair in love and EWB lists. I'm not too fussed about The Clash not making it; for every great song they did, they had ten rubbish pub-rock songs and a load of fey rock star posturing.

Oh, and YI, as much as I like Rob Zombie, he's not even really worth checking out a whole album of. Once you've heard Dragula, House Of 1000 Corpses, Dead Girl Superstar and Bring Her Down (To Crippletown), you've pretty much got his entire range there. And that's being generous. You could probably manage with just the first two.

Edited by Maximillian Von Rocketlegs

I'm bummed out that I wasn't able to get Motorhead on the list, or so I think. I seem to have been the only person to have voted for them, giving them ten points. Shame really.

Sabbath making it is a good thing, though I'd bet a lot of money on them being the only band I voted for making this list.

As for Rob Zombie, I always preferred White Zombie much more than Rob Zombie alone. His solo stuff just never did anything for me, but White Zombie was fucking rocking.

Who the fuck are Hardcore Superstar...I have no idea, but I hate them;

artist_9489.jpg

-90-. HARDCORE SUPERSTAR (22pt: 8-3)

Counting_Crows_3.jpg

-89-. COUNTING CROWS (22pt: 10-1)

9143353-9143356-slarge.jpg

-88-. WU-TANG CLAN (24pt: 6-6)

wednesday13promo1.jpg

-86-. WEDNESDAY 13 (24pt: 7-5)

him_band05.jpg

-86-. HIM (24pt: 7-5)

Sort of agree with Be, but I do have a soft spot for Wu Tang Clan.

Wu Tang is probably one of the better rap/hip hop groups I've heard, so I can say that it's cool to see them make the list. The other groups? Who the fuck are they? I know of the Counting Crows, but the others are totally foreign to me.

Bright Eyes? No...thanks.

Bloc Party's okay, although, I'm sure the same criticisms I will apply for Bright Eyes (pretentious lyrics, whiny ovcals) could easily be applied to Kele's vocals.

Edited by ROC