THE RESULTS: EWB's 100 Favourite Bands

YI

nickelback-2005-pic-3.jpg.w560h559-744961.jpg

-80-. NICKELBACK (26pt: 7-6)

led_zeppelin_photo.jpg

-79-. LED ZEPPELIN (26pt: 8-5)

ns-jamiroquai400.jpg

-78-. JAMIROQUAI (26pt: 9-4)

It's bloody hard to find a full band photo...loving the Jay Kay get-up though. Should be higher. Grrrrr.

18777_lg.jpg

-77-. THE STONE ROSES (28pt: 8-6)

00016217_fall_out_boy_image_1.jpg

-76-. FALL OUT BOY (28pt: 9-5)

So Zeppelin and Nickelback are tied pointwise? Nice EWB. Nice.

Barring Nickelback, not a bad grouping there, I like FOB, I'd say they're justified being there, they're a good, catchy pop band. I'm on the fence for JK and Stone Roses, both are good, and deserve their placing, it's just not my cup of tea. Zeppelin should be waaaaaaaaay higher tho.

Best block so far. I dislike Nickelback but I prefer them to most of the stuff I've seen so far. I hate Fall Out Boy, but Jamiroquai, Stone Roses and Zeppelin make up for it. Zeppelin should be way higher, though. Guess it's my fault for not voting them, though I don't actually listen to them any more so it wouldn't be honest if I did.

Stuff I reguarly listen to;

Jamiroquai, Bloc Party and Rise Against.

Yeah, there's other stuff I like/REALLY like (Protest The Hero, Bad Religion, Led Zeppelin, Stone Roses to name a few), but I don't particuarly listen to them often, or as often as I 'should'.

Out of that lot....Nickelback are tripe, Led Zeppelin are over-rated fret-wanking riff-stealing stadium rock tossers, but at least they were good at it, and it's pretty inevitable they'd be up there, Jamiroquai are alright but I couldn't really care either way about them, Stone Roses had a good song once, and Fall Out Boy are a couple of nice couplets, a tiny penis, some crap hair and even crapper vocals. Probably the worst bunch so far.

FOB beat 'Roses...technically. Well, how I'm scoring anyway.

If bands have the same numbers: The band with the highest number of votes is placed highest (eg. Rise Against placing highest out of all the bands on 24, as they had 3 votes). Then it's the band with the highest positions which is highest. Only when the received votes are identical will bands tie.

Although, they did technically end up with the same points.

I just hate these lists when there's a million ties. There are 4 bands tied at 62 though. :shifty:

Because I'm sodding bored;

weakerthans.jpg

-75-. THE WEAKERTHANS (30pt: 8-7)

THE WEAKERTHANS!!!!!!!!!! :wub: Outside of Jamiroquai, the best band on the list (so far...oh yeah!!!). Beautiful, (generally) laid back indie-rock, very radio friendly as well. They should be more popular. :shifty:

039_40093~Marilyn-Manson-Posters.jpg

-74-. MARILYN MANSON (30pt: 10-5)

281x211.jpg

-73-. ALICE IN CHAINS (32pt: 8-8)

lamb_of_god.jpg

-71-. LAMB OF GOD (32pt: 10-6)

inflames_pic.jpg

-71-. IN FLAMES (32pt: 10-6)

Edited by YI