THE RESULTS: EWB's 100 Favourite Bands

YI

I heard of Opeth for the first time a long time ago, and I'd say a lot more people are more aware of them than a !!!.

As for Los Campesino's, go listen to them now - all of the songs you can find - I have a good feeling that they'll be pretty good in the future. However you may not like them, since I seem to remember you liking some pretty bollocks music..

Yeah, I don't doubt that more people know Opeth than !!!, but I think they fall into the same category (at least up until Opeth signed to Roadrunner), wherein they are both pimped enough that it was hard not to be aware of them if you used the internet and had at least a passing interest in music.

Bollocks bands? From what I remember, your taste consists of rubbish bands that YI has handed down to you, or good bands that YI has handed down to you that I (and he) were fans of ages ago....so :P

The way I see it is that people find out about !!! because this is an elitist place. And people telling you want to listen to is the best way, less effort for me I just get told to download something - so I do.

Anyways, if you liked them ages ago (..yeah) go find Los Campesinos. Although, YI told me about them... so you must know about them already no? :unsure:

The way I see it is that people find out about !!! because this is an elitist place. And people telling you want to listen to is the best way, less effort for me I just get told to download something - so I do.

Anyways, if you liked them ages ago (..yeah) go find Los Campesinos. Although, YI told me about them... so you must know about them already no? :unsure:

Yeah, and any place where you have people who are interested in getting more involved with music has elitists, which is why, without looking for them, I was aware of !!! ages ago. Its just a case of a lot of people probably being aware of thier existence, whether they know the music or not. It was exactly the same for Opeth a few years ago, when they were still relativlely underground. Although the major difference may be that many consider Opeth to be the 'wOMG WOW' in Metal music, so there pimpage would probably be more regular.

And I was just taking a pop at you, like you did with me (which I didn't get, and was just showing you how easy it was to pop back). I wasn't meaning Los Campesinos when talking about YI bands that I had been into, and YI likes zillions of stuff, so I'm not exactly going to make a mental note about everything he listens to, am I?

Y'know that thing about me trying to get a rise out of whatshisface?

.. Yeah.

Now go listen to Los Campesinos. Preferably 'Death to Los Campesinos', youtube it.

And go change your rag ¬_¬

You change your rag, you commie bastard :shifty:

And yeah, it's ok. It is the kinda thing I'd imagine I'd prefer much more at an indie club than just listening to on CD....the blokes kinda annoying, but the girl is good...and hot.

Is Flux by Bloc Party the best thing ever?

Also I only listen to bands that people tell me to get, because getting albums randomly last ended up with me downloading Pridebowl or some shit like that. Which was God awful.

You recommend me some bands that I might like and won't have heard of ¬_¬

KK sorry about acting stupid. But even with their new album the only place where I can think of being able to find them would be on Headbangers Ball but I don't even have that, stupid Starchoice. I guess when I listen to them I realyl enjoy them yet some find them to be boring, I am assuming that is because of the long songs. I know you guys were just getting arise out of me lol. Also who in the hell is Operator Please

Sad thing is, if they had a fight - she probably would do the most damage.

Then again fighting two lads who combined don't weigh half of yourself and would struggle to stay standing up in a light breeze can't be too difficult.

And he does nothing all the way through the song, then the nine year old drummer starts cutting off limbs?

• 2 weeks later...