Assassin's Creed Thread

I.HATE.SHIPPING.COMPANIES.

Apparently my local eb game's shipping company lost the assassin's creed delivery. Luckily it comes in today from 1-5 and I have class from 1-4 so works out well kind of even though I wanted to play now. I might buy the strategy guide too as it is only $20...also might buy Kane and Lynch but not sure about that yet (might be a christmas present).

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been playing for about 2 hours now and still haven't done the first assassination in Damascus. Have spent most of my time saving citizens and doing the view points. Also I am very surprised that when the crowds scramble when you are fighting there is no slowdown.

Just got all the view points and citizens saved in poor district.

I plan on doing all the investigations for every assassination just so I can get the full experience.

So far this game is amazing.

Also, mini-altair figurine is sick. :pervert:

I try to sneak up on the guards to use the hidden blade (rather than be attacked by 5+ guards when saving a civilian)...What I do like is how when you're trying to escape, say you're hanging on a ledge, they'll throw rocks at you to try to make you fall. Who can you pickpocket for knives, btw?

As for comparisons to Crackdown I have to see "hell to the naw." Crackdown offered absoulelty no variety. Ever kill was the same, every mission was the same, hell even all the sidequests seemed the same. The only thing that motivated you to proceed on in Crackdown was the ability upgrades. Whereas in AC you do the sidequests and roaming of the towns simply because it's fun and there's always something to discover.
Edited by Gongsun Zan

The thing about interrogating someone is that you don't actually have to wait for the dude to go hide somehow as the guards don't care if you get in a fist-fight. Actually, nevermind, they go for you afterwards.

I've found the most fun is taking Horsey into the countryside and slicing people down on him. Best fighting area though is on the docks in one city on the way to Acre. The templar kept on tossing me in the water before finally falling in with me. Couldn't stop laughing at that credited kill.

On my way to Damascus there are two guards near a cliff that I just happened to gallop past and decided... "Fuck it." So I went back and snuck up behind one and grabbed and threw him off the cliff. I unsheathed my sword waiting for the other guy to do something, but he just stood there... So I grabbed and threw him off as well making him land right on top of his buddy.

Greatness and laughter had ensued.

Oh the internets.

Someone made a comic where that chick Jade Raymond (the hot girl that Ubisoft trumps out whenever anything AC related is going on) is sucking off a couple nerds to get them to buy the game. It's pretty damn hilarious that this got so big today and just an example of a big company trying to bully someone around. Apparently Ubisoft forgot that things like this were settled twenty years ago when Larry Flynt went to the Supreme Court.

Edited by Zero

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthrea...mp;pagenumber=1

Ubisoft are suing over something linked to from Something Awful to do with Assassin's Creed

More importantly, people still go to SA? :shifty:

EDIT: I almost want it to go to court just for the equally retarded response to the letter. Yeah, it's a retarded lawsuit but contrary to popular belief you can't really fight fire with fire. Or by dumping more gas on the fire.

"So, uh, in defense of these actions you called Mr. Anderson a fag?" And it's really misdirected retardation anyway. Dude's doing what Ubisoft employs him to do. Call Ubisoft fags, lawyer didn't do anything but what he's supposed to (no matter how asinine it is).

This is why the internet is GAY, but hey. whatever.

Edited by Cloudy Is Thugnificent