Super Mario Galaxy

abundant

In just mere days, one of the biggest franchises ever returns, but will it be good? I’ll let the scores do the talking.

GameSpot - 9.5 out of 10

The stellar presentation and fantastic level designs combine to make Super Mario Galaxy the Wii's game to beat and one of Mario's greatest adventures yet.
Edited by abundant

Another rating to possibly bear in mind, but probably not:

My manager: (after playing it at a Gamestation manager's convention)

"Really didn't enjoy it. Not that great at all."

He's probably in the wrong but there is apparantly a slight rumbling underneath the generally high ratings.

Not having a Wii i'm only going on footage here but, am I the only one who feels kind of disorientated on the 'planet' bits?. It's kinda hard to explain, I mean i'm fine with the 3rd person view that's behind Mario on a 'normal' level but the space stuff that has you running round the spherical masses in a quasi top down view, it doesn't sit well with me for some reason.

I think this is down to Ratchet and Clank 3 which had a similar level where you had to run around jumping on platforms and taking trampoleeny platforms to acsess another area. I hated that level so very much.

HOLY SHIT! I’m just 2 stars in and already I can tell that, unless Mass Effect turns out how I hope it does, this is the Game of the year. The graphics are gorgeous, the game play feels like a true sequel to Mario 64, and the music is one of the best I’ve ever heard. If you liked Mario 64, GET THIS GAME! It’s truly a classic in the making.

Just bought it today... haven't had the chance to play it yet, but funny story: I didn't preorder the game, didn't even reserve it... just walked in and bought it, but Gamestop still gave me the commemorative token that comes with the game for those who preorder/reserve it. I was a bit confused, but happy nonetheless, as the token's actually pretty cool looking. I always love Nintendo swag anyway.

Lorina's probably gonna wind up playing it before me since I'll be at work tomorrow and she'll be back at the apartment. She's gonna tell me what she thinks of what she's played when I get back, but honestly, I think it'll be a fun game. The reviews really make it sound great, and honestly, from what I've seen, the game just looks damn nice.

Played a little at a friends house(the same friend who bought my Wii from me, so I could get a PS3) and I have to admit I am hooked. We already made a deal that as soon as he beats the game he will let me borrow the Wii so I can play it. It does feel a lot like Mario 64 and I think this is a possible game of the year.

Well I played like ten minutes of it before work this morning... from what I played, it was great fun. Can't wait to sit down and actually spend some time playing the game. The upside-down running and the constant shifting around on the screen was surprisingly easy to handle, I didn't run into too many problems with it.

Awesome game. Anyone know if there are any hidden stars in the first (Terrace) dome? I found one in the first part of the Fountain Dome (the Space Junk Galaxy), so was just wondering...

The whole setup of the game (you're in a central area, go off into hubs which each have various levels, bring back shiny things and when you have enough the next hub opens) reminds me a great deal of Crash Bandicoot...not a bad thing, though.

The Sweet Sweet Galaxy is death. :(