Download Festival 2008

Nerf

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, based on the current running order, who will you be seeing?

I reckon Friday will be spent entirely at the main stage. Seether will be a fun little Download opener, but I'd be okay missing them if another band I like end up being announced. I absolutely need to see Kid Rock, and I'll probably take a break to do some lines at the campsite during Disturbed. I'm a little gutted about probably missing Rise Against, though I will deffo head over to see them if they clash with Motorhead as I've already seen Lemmy and Co. Judas Priest and KISS will make this the best Friday night ever.

On Saturday, Testament will be my headliner of choice. The Offspring could be fun, but Testament will be a fun as fuck intimate little gig with an incredible atmosphere. I'll be skipping Madina Lake and Incubus regardless of who's on the other stages. I really wanna see Pendulum and Ace Frehely, but I also wanna see Biffy Clyro and Bullet For My Valentine. Pendulum are the biggest priority, followed by Bullet. I really wanna see Biffy Clyro as I missed one of their gigs a few months back. I'd like to see Ace, but he'd be the one I'd miss if it came down to it.

Sunday morning will be fucking incredible. I'll start with a comedown mosh to Municipal Waste, followed by Rose Tattoo and Airbourne which makes Nerf a happy Glamster. I'd have liked to see Black Stone Cherry and Apocalyptica, but the other bands are so, so much better. Coheed and Jimmy Eat World are two I definitely need to see. I'll either go check In Flames out or take a break if I'm too knackered. Bodom could have been fun, but JEW are the priority and the only Bodom song I adore is "Are You Dead Yet?" At the minute, I'll be seeing Lostprophets last thing. They're kind of a guilty pleasure of mine, though I may take the opportunity to check out Cavalera Conspiracy, as I'm a huge Sepultura/Max Cavalera fan, though I haven't actually heard the CC yet.

No doubt there's a ton of bands yet to be announced, so I could end up seeing completely different bands to the ones I just listed, though those are the current priorities. What are the chances Hardcore Superstar will play this year, what with them being cancelled last time? If they play, regardless of who else is on, I will take the opportunity to rock the fuck out with Summers to their Swedish soul music <3

So, based on the current running order, who will you be seeing?

I reckon Friday will be spent entirely at the main stage. Seether will be a fun little Download opener, but I'd be okay missing them if another band I like end up being announced. I absolutely need to see Kid Rock, and I'll probably take a break to do some lines at the campsite during Disturbed. I'm a little gutted about probably missing Rise Against, though I will deffo head over to see them if they clash with Motorhead as I've already seen Lemmy and Co. Judas Priest and KISS will make this the best Friday night ever.

I WILL NOT DO DRUGS IN FRONT OF THE TEACHER.

...Sorry.

If we were to say that this lineup is final... I'm going to be at campsite, drinking, a lot.

Probably wake up in time to get a good spot for Kid mother-fucking Rock (from the old school - he's got more money, than matchbox twenty).

Stick around for Disturbed, Motorhead and Priest.. then probably back to camp to drink through Kiss/Simple Plan/DEP. Seriously. Fuck them all.

Saturday... uhhh..Get up in time for Pendulum. Then head over to the mainstage for whatever is left of Bullet, check out Incubus, then Offspring.

Sunday seems the best day so far. Back and forth between the main and the second it seems. Hopefully the new layout won't make that difficult. And I hope that the lineup on this day doesn't change much. Municipal Waste, then Apoc, then Airbourne, then In flames, then COB then probably Cavalera.

Never really listened to Testament. Sure I'd like it if I did. Just don't want to miss an opportunity to see Offspring is all.

Dear Download Organisers,

Please switch DEP with Testament, because fuck DEP and Simple Plan and KISS.

Thank you.

Keith.

You'll go where I damn well tell you Nerfy :@

k, long as i get to see my rock n' roll bands :(

Haha. You little bitch.

Stand up for yourself man!

Must See Bands.

Friday: DEP, Fightstar, Kid Rock, Disturbed, Kiss.

Any clashes, then Kid Rock and Disturbed win over Fightstar.

Saturday: Pendulum, Crazy Fists, Bullet.

Sunday: Jon Davis, Bodom, Cavalera, Apocolyptia, In Flames, Co&Ca, JEW.

This year the line-up blows.