R.I.P Ike Turner

Skummy

Bummer, Ike Turner and the Kings of Rhythm had some excellent shit man. I'll throw some of his classic tunes on like Katanaga and Steel Guitar Rag.

I suggest everybody gets out and checks his shit out, it's music you can dance to.

Edit - and by god I almost forgot. Ike Turner and the Kings of Rhythm are credited with recording the first ever "rock and roll" song. Rocket 88 being the title.

Edited by VerbalPuke

To be fair, Ike was turning his life around in his later years. He was off the drugs, he wasn't beating the shit out of women and was recording a lot of quality music. It is a shame that his career is overshadowed by something horrible that he did thirty years ago, but sometimes public figures just cannot get redemption. I'm not excusing what he did, but the man did try to turn his life around and keep it from ending on such a down note, ala the Benoit Effect.