First/Last CD You Bought

New Damage

1st - Kenny Rogers and the First Edition, essentially because I spent half my childhood listening to his music on holidays, days out etc anywhere we'd go in the car. My dad would play Kenny Rogers' Greatest Hits or The Best .... either or. Until it the cassette got melted by being left prone to the sun on a hot day in the car.

Last: I bought Steve Earle's Washington Square Serenade and Great Days: The John Prine Anthology. My musical tastes have never extended to anything remotely popular with anyone else in my own age. Well that's a slight exaggeration but it's pretty much most of my friends have never heard of half the people I listen to and I've only heard of the stuff they listen to.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I started on the Now That's What I Call Music... series, around the 35 mark I think. Either that or East 17, I got to meet them a fair bit due to some loose family ties, it was fantastic.

The most recent CD purchase was Think Before You Speak by Good Shoes, although I'm picking up The Blinding LP by Babyshambles on the way home as I want it for my mp3 player and only have a vinyl.

• 2 months later...

First: Daft Punk - Discovery (still one of my favorite albums ever, listened to some of it on the way home today, actually).

Last: Buckethead - Bermuda Triangle (This used to be a really rare album, so when I found it on eBay for $11, I got it immediately. I've found that it isn't as rare anymore, but it's still an awesome album.

First album I actually bought myself: Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory. Oh dear.

Last album: Avantasia - The Scarecrow (it would be Korpiklaani - Korven Kuningas or Kiuas - The New Dark Age if HMV or Zavvi Virgin sold EITHER of them. Bastards).

:shifty:

Seriously, I hate that they changed the name to Zavvi. And then you go there and but some VIRGIN branded earphones about 2 weeks, and they don't work, and then take them back a today, and the guy doens't give you a reciept for the replacements too, just in case, and it costs £3 to get the bus to be there 10 mins... um, I'm rambling/bored.

First was probably Linkin Park's Meteora album, I hated them prior to hearing Faint for the first time then I just abandoned everything and went to Nu Metal/Alternative, hell, I even liked Good Charlotte, but back then they were cool... :shifty: ish...

Most recent, well, I think it was either Led Zeppelin's Mothership or Avenged Sevenfold's self titled album. They weren't even for me though unfortunately so I doubt they count. Other than them though I really can't remember.

First: I can't remember with regards singles, but my first albums was "Weathered" by Creed.

Last: Hmmm... I *think* it was "Wintersun" by Wintersun. Ace album.

I never got the point of changing the name either.

Especially to something retarded.

Well, Richard Branson sold it, presumably to a company named Zaavi.

First: Eminem- The Slim Shady LP

Last: Led Zeppelin- Led Zeppelin IV (or whatever its actually called)

I never got the point of changing the name either.

Especially to something retarded.

Well, Richard Branson sold it, presumably to a company named Zaavi.

I was going to mention that, but since I wasn't 100%, didn't wanna look stupid.

I like Zaavi, at the moment anyway.