First/Last CD You Bought

New Damage

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First was Slipknot, 'Iowa', an album I still heartily recommend to date.

Last was Saul Williams', 'The Inevitable Rise & Liberation Of Niggy Tardust' for $5, roughly £2.83. Meh, not the best three quid I've ever spent, but not the worst.

Like many others here, my first was Chocolate Starfish by Limp Bizkit. I still like a lot of songs from the album and think Bizkit get a bit too much flak.

I haven't bought an album for ages. Like four years. I think my last was Results May Vary by Limp Bizkit as well, actually, though I bought albums in between.

I'm surprised more people haven't said it was their first purchase. Limp Bizkit were huge back in 2000-1, not to mention they partnered with the WWF for Rollin' (Undertaker's theme) and My Way (Wrestlemania X7's theme).

Yeah, back then it was Bizkit > Linkin Park it terms of hugeness, now Park have sold out and its gone the other way round. Plus all the unviersal hate for Durst by the media doesn't help. Um... back on topic...

First was Kid Rock's "Devil Without A Cause", last is probably Ghostface Killah's "Fishscale" or Peeping Tom's s/t. Dunno.

First was Astro Lounge by Smash Mouth but I lost it so the oldest ones in my collection are Mer de Noms and Thirteenth Step by A Perfect Circle.

Most recent were because Music World is shutting down so I picked up Showbiz by Muse, Velvet Underground Gold, and The Legend of Johnny Cash for 30% off.

First cassette was Now 21 or something like that.

First CD single was "Ain't Talkin' Bout Dub" by Apollo 440. First album was probably "Jagged Little Pill" by Alanis.

The last CD I bought was Yeah Yeah Yeahs "Fever To Tell" - realised I didn't have it in my collection.

The last CD that was bought for me was for my birthday - the "Hvarf/Heim" double CD from Sigur Ros.

The first CD I brought with my own money was either Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park, or The Marshall Mathers LP by Eminem

And the last CD('s) I brought were Up The Bracket by The Libertines and Drunk Enough To Dance by Bowling 4 Soup because they were in a 2 for £5 offer.

First one I bought was Jay-Z - Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life. Still a very awesome CD. Most recent.....maybe one of the immortal tech CD's I got back in '06? I haven't bought a CD in forever.

Guest tiarnantman

First one was one of the 'Now That's What I Call Music' CDs, although I forget which.

And although I didn't buy them myself, I got 'Origin of Symmetry' (Muse) and 'Love Metal' (HIM) for Christmas.

First CD I remember buying myself (no dodgy copies as were the rage in my latter school days) was Version 2.0 by Garbage, which I'm fairly pleased with. According to Amazon 1998, but I do remember myself it was sometime around Red Nose Day. Yay!

Last was Think Before You Speak by Good Shoes, an impulse buy on tinternet to qualify for free postage on some Christmas presents...

Its a good one.

I didn't have a CD player for the longest time, so the first CD I ever bought was Weird Al Yankovic's Bad Hair Day in 1996.

It's been a little while since I last bought a CD, but I'm pretty sure it was Under the Blacklight by Rilo Kiley.

I bought Black Sabbath's Paranoid when I was around 9 or 10. I forget how I got the money, but I had that album in mind with the small sum of money.

I can't remember the last one, it's been a long time. I've only been buying records for the last few years, last one of those I got was English Dogs To The Ends of the Earth.

The first CD I bought was "The Sinister Urge" by Rob Zombie, although I'd had a fair few bought for me before that, and I had a ton of cassettes handed down from my brothers and parents.

The last CD I bought was "Death Is This Communion" by High On Fire yesterday, and I found it massively underwhelming. It's a decent enough metal album, but being an offshoot of Sleep I was expecting something an awful lot better. Sleep and Om both run rings around it.