January '08 Transfer Thread

Lineker

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find weird is if the Benjani/City/Defoe/Pompey things been cut so close. Will there have been time for everyone to get it all finalized and signed before the deadline or whatever? Sure they had it all sorted fine, just seems a bit hard to figure out I guess.

And I'm surprised Benjani is leaving anyways. He's done so well at Portsmouth I assumed he'd be staying.

EDIT: Looks like it's going to be

Benjani to Man City from Portsmouth for £8mish

and that will mean Defoe is moving to Portsmouth now.

I'll still like Spurs, but colour me a partial Pompey fan now. I love me some Jermain.

RE-EDIT: Seems the first official post-Transfer Window tidbit is... Rudi Skacel has joined Hertha on loan till the end of the season from Southampton. Oh yes.

Edited by IAceI

My cousin's sister's half-brother's girlfriend's former room mate works in the burger van outside Shearer's bar and has just seen the entire Brazil 1970 cup winning team sign their contracts over a round of Nukie Brown...

:shifty:

More inevitably injure prone players for Newcastle then? Surprised.

Oh, they've been genetically engineered back to their primes.

Jairzinho didn't like his pint though and ordered a Pina Colada instead.

Newcastle fans appear adamant that they're going to sign David Bentley. I can't see it happening as Blackburn have always been one of those sides that just sort of stick together through the season and make deals in the summer. I don't see them letting go of Bentley, and this guy claims Milner is going the other direction.

Really don't see it happening. Milner is possibly one of Newcastle's brightest and best players. So no.

Well, it's been nearly 10 minutes and David Bentley is yet to don the Geordie shirt. Although why he'd do that at half past midnight I have no idea.

I like the absurd text's in, but some people seriously text in with the sort of - and I'll quote - "my mate was doing his paper round before and he was Peter Crouch walk into the Reebok Stadium." Clearly he didn't.

So.. yeah. Guess it makes for entertainment.

But some of them aren't so much silly on their part, instead just absurd.

Ooh. Well done Wade, love that kid, beating Phil Taylor is a good achievement. Nothing better than a bit of Premier League darts.

Clearly nothings happening in the transfer window. I may turn in soon since I doubt we're going to unveil a Stephen Hunt signing. We'll be back in July >_<

Guest Ringmaster

I too will miss Defoe :(

And Captain Marvel too :(:(:(.

Good riddance to all the other dead weight though :shifty:

Also, I'm a bit iffy on Gilberto, but if he's just a back-up player that's fine. He's not too solid.

Also, I'm not too sure Afonso Alves is gonna be a great signing. I don't expect him to be as shit as Maccarone (though even he did have a great record in Serie A too). Alves seems to score bundles of goals against really, really shit teams and I don't see him banging in nearly as easily in the Premiership. That and he seems like a twat, so I hope he fails :shifty: