January '08 Transfer Thread

Lineker

• Admin

According to the BBC, the following have been announced:

Radoslav Vasilev [slavia Sofia - Reading] Undisclosed

Sebastian Sorsa [HJK Helsinki - Leeds]

Diego Leon [unattached - Barnsley]Alex Cooper [Ross County - Liverpool] £100,000

Chris Gunter [Cardiff City - Tottenham] Undisclosed

Manucho [Petro Atletico Luanda - Man Utd] Undisclosed

Nery Castillo [shakhtar Donetsk - Man City] Loan

Gary Speed [bolton - Sheffield Utd] Loan

Cliff Akurang [Histon - Barnet] Free

Liam Hatch [barnet - Peterborough] Undisclosed

Andy Dorman [New England Revolution - St. Mirren] Undisclosed

& a few others that I'm sure I've forgotten.

But with the window reopening tomorrow [Tuesday], what do you hope for? What dead wood do you want to see trimmed? Where do you want new players to bought in? And if you hear any interesting rumours, let us know.

I'd like to see Ghaly (:thumbsdown:), Gardner, Stalteri, Tainio, and maybe some others leave, they offer nothing. And as well as Malbranque has played recently, an out-and-out left winger wouldn't go amiss. Oh, and an experienced CB. Hopefully, Ramos is as astute in the transfer market as he is tactically.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't bank on any big changes at Spurs. Levy's said there won't be any and that Ramos feels the squad doesn't need much improving at all. I don't know why you'd want to get rid of Gardner or Tainio, though. Tainio's a useful utility player and Gardner's shown in the last season or two that he can come in and play a solid game. Stalteri's not a bad back-up to have, either.

• Admin

Don't bank on any big changes at Spurs. Levy's said there won't be any and that Ramos feels the squad doesn't need much improving at all. I don't know why you'd want to get rid of Gardner or Tainio, though. Tainio's a useful utility player and Gardner's shown in the last season or two that he can come in and play a solid game. Stalteri's not a bad back-up to have, either.

I disagree - Gardner has played like a headless chicken for a long time, and won't fit into Ramos' system.

But yeah, I know we won;t have too many changes.

I don't know if Man U need anyone, but a striker would be nice. Just to have an extra option up front. Plus a decent utliity defender would be good.

I get the feeling we'll bring in a couple of players that won't play much this season but use the six months to bed in at Old Trafford and get a feel for things, before being brilliant next season, a bit like Vidic and Evra when they joined.

EDIT: Who is Manucho? Apparently we have signed him...

Edited by FlatDogNuts

Don't you know him?

He's an amazing 24-year-old Angolan Striker that we signed a week or so back, and he'll join us properly in January.

...Yeah, don't worry, I don't know him either. But he was on trial with us for a few weeks and Fergie thinks he's good enough to sign - Which is good considering the supposedly awesome Freddy Adu had a trial, and we chose not to keep him.

Some cover in central defence is essential, Agger's injury doesn't seem to be getting any better and I don't think Hyypia's going to last a full season. Other than that I don't think we'll do much, we've got a few players coming back from injury (Alonso, Pennant) and others just starting to get into full stride after a slow start (Kewell, Carragher, Aurelio).

• Admin

Berbatov says he wants to move to a club with more sporting ambition:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3012615,00.html

Deco says he's ready to leave for a top English club

http://www.thesoccerblog.org/premiership/b...l-man-utd-move/

Eh, Berba doesn't play well when he is unhappy, which he is, apart from in rare bursts, like against Reading. IF he has to go, lets at least get a good sum of money for him.

Keep Berbatov, at least for another year. He's the best thing we have by a mile, as King is always injured and Lennon still can't cross properly.

A centre back would be nice, as well as someone who can beat players if Lennon is not playing. A centre-midfielder who can actually tackle wouldn't go amiss either.

Don't you know him?

He's an amazing 24-year-old Angolan Striker that we signed a week or so back, and he'll join us properly in January.

...Yeah, don't worry, I don't know him either. But he was on trial with us for a few weeks and Fergie thinks he's good enough to sign - Which is good considering the supposedly awesome Freddy Adu had a trial, and we chose not to keep him.

Ah right. Then I'm sure he'll be okay.

I'd love for us to go and get Berbatov. That would be amazing.