January '08 Transfer Thread

Lineker

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be amused if Mr. Abramovich made an unreserved attempt to throw his wallet at Cristiano Ronaldo. Not because it'd ever happen, but because I'd enjoy the pure silliness of the spectacle when Man Utd say no and he proceeds to add an extra £5m to the bid every time it was rejected. :pervert:

Edited by stokeriño

I seriously doubt Ramos actually rates Berbatov as a £30m striker, it's just that they're not in a position where they need to sell him so he's put a massive price tag on him to either get rid of the likes of Chelsea, or ensure that they get plenty of money if they do sell.

We paid £5.5m for Chopra >_<

It's nothing to do with value anymore, if a team knows they can get a lot of money out of a player because the team that want him have that kind of money, then they'll get as much out of him as possible. It's a shame because obviously Berbatov isn't worth nearly £30m, and while it's scare tactics to other teams, if a team came in with a £20m bid for him they'd probably sell him.

Did anyone see the price tag that was mentioned on Sky Sports News about Cristiano Ronaldo, Man United say he is worth about 75M, I just saw it bit early on when they were going on about Blackburn rejecting the Santa Cruz bid from Man City.

A big enough club with a big enough hard-on for him could stump up £70m+ for him, easy. I'm still not sure Man United would accept it though. It's a lot of money, but I'm sure they've learned from Ferguson to keep the good and chuck the bad over the years and would probably see Ronaldo as a Man United player until he's too shit to get a game. I'm still not convinced that he's truly happy at Man United and that any transfer he would have away from Old Trafford would be after Ronaldo announced he wants to leave.

Also, I hope Hutton staying is for definite. But I think if he did want to move it would be to one of the big four or none at all. And the price is fair, he's worth far more to Rangers than he is to a Premiership club, but it works out pretty fairly. He's been dubbed as the next big Rangers legend after Barry Ferguson.

Suck it.

Edited by The Kraig

£70m doesn't have to be cash. Player contracts, and so on. See the whole Beckham thing for example, Ronaldo will probably be a bigger star in the next few years, certainly in footballing terms, if all goes well.

You seem to be forgetting it's not just Real with money. Barca, Chelsea, Milan...for Chelsea, they may even pay more as they'd not only gain an immense player, but take said immense player from a title contender rival.

He's got skill, fitness, youth, tricks and women appeal. It's good for football business and corporate business combined.