January '08 Transfer Thread

Lineker

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manucho will be playing in the African Cup of Nations, so he won't be available for about a month anyway. And I'm not sure if he'll have to go out on loan to get a work permit before he can actually play in the Premiership.

Chelsea have apparently signed Branislav Ivanovic from Lokomotiv Moscow for around £8.5m.

Rumours as usual....

Juventus are after the mighty Olof Mellberg (the finest beard in football and a sad loss if he leaves these shores).

Spurs are after Martin Laursen which would be a good signing for us. Hell, we should just outbid Juve and get some top Villa defence down the Lane.

....also that lad we got from Cardiff apparantly is already VERY tasty - people saying he's better than Gareth Bale - I'd settle for less injury prone. :ohwell:

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMySanta

• Admin

On the plus side, we'll get rid of Savage, who with each passing game just looks like his legs have gone. Plus get his wages off the books, would be good all round.

I've heard good things about Lance Davids, and if Reid gets back to full fitness we'd have five central midfielders, so Savage wouldn't necessarily be needed.

O Neil loves Laursen. He has probably been te most consistent centre back this season. No way in hell will he leave. How will he get in the Spurs side anyway?

You got King, Dawson, Rocha, Gardner..

You just answered the question yourself there.

Good to see the bid turned down for Savage. Wouldn't want another old washed up player anyways.

Blackburn want £4m for Roberts. lol, Britain and their over priced players.

Edited by IAceI

Any player based in Britain is going to be overpriced is what I meant.

If Roberts was playing in Spain right now he's probably be sold for £1m or so.

I don't necessarily think it's British players who are overpriced, just the British teams asking for too much. It just so happens all the British players play in Britain, because their teams want ridiculous money for them so they don't leave anywhere else.

O Neil loves Laursen. He has probably been te most consistent centre back this season. No way in hell will he leave. How will he get in the Spurs side anyway?

You got King, Dawson, Rocha, Gardner..

Not saying he would sign or I've thought about it (though he is amazing in my fantasy league team), but he's better than every single one of our centre-backs with the exception of Ledley King. Add that to the fact that he's comfortable at full-back and he looks a very interesting signing.