January '08 Transfer Thread

Lineker

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any player based in Britain is going to be overpriced is what I meant.

If Roberts was playing in Spain right now he's probably be sold for £1m or so.

I don't necessarily think it's British players who are overpriced, just the British teams asking for too much. It just so happens all the British players play in Britain, because their teams want ridiculous money for them so they don't leave anywhere else.

Edited by cmb211087

• Admin

BBC Scotland are saying that Rangers and Spurs are in talks over the transfer of Alan Hutton. Fee thought to be about £8m

Good singing, cracking full-back.

Hmm... I imagine that Hutton and Chimbonda would be he first choice full backs with Gunter and Lee as backup. Bale would move into left midfield... but then what about Malbranque/Lennon?

Good signing though. Bit pricey though.

I love Lee Young Pyo - especially his shot the other day. He needs to score at least one before he's kicked out of the first team. He tries hard and has come on a lot since he's started with us - still has a tendency to get turned a little too easily though but a stronger centre back than Dawson would stop that from being an issue.

Well, more on Hutton. It seems Hutton might make the move to Spurs after all - Sky Sports are leading with this at the moment...

Rangers defender Alan Hutton has asked for time to consider a potential move to Tottenham.

Spurs were reported to have made an £8million bid for the right-back, who has impressed for Rangers in this season's UEFA Champions League.

Rangers officials and the player's agent, John Lonergan, had declined to comment on claims the two clubs had reached an agreement for the 23-year-old.

However, it is now understood that Hutton - who is also rumoured to have attracted interest from Manchester United - has asked for two to three days to consider a move to the Premier League with his family.

Hutton, who has earned seven international caps, won especial praise for his outstanding performances in Scotland's 2008 qualifying campaign.

Edited by Baddar D

Apparently Newcastle are also trying to get him, now where have I heard this before? Everytime ANYONE is mentioned in the transfer window.

...Since I posted that this morning, he's apparently "pledged his future" to Rangers.

Newcastle have put in an offer for Utd's Wes Brown though...so the leading Sports websites are saying.

About 5 months later than I'd liked but oh well, glad to have him back.

Him on the left, then Nosworthy, McShane/Anderson/Higginbotham.

Now all we need is Edwards to recover, but that'll be a while. Would like Danny Simpson as well or a better right back so Nosworthy can move into the centre with McShane.