Britney Spears

Benji

So she's fucking lost it and she's probably never going to be what she once was, but let's face it, there aren't many other bubblegum pop artists with as catchy and, quite frankly, sexy songs. Who hasn't whacked it to "Hit Me Baby One More Time" and accidentally found themselves tugging to the rythm? :shifty:

And despite what other people may say, her cover of "I Love Rock And Roll" isn't that bad <_<

I actually think the whole batshit crazy thing has made her songs more...palatable. "Gimme More" wasn't anything I'd listen to continuously except that's there's the campy appeal of hearing any song beginning with "It's Britney, bitch", which is just great. It and "Toxic" have been the only songs I could really stand to listen to all the way through.

"Sugababes" have and always will have the best songs out of any pop-tarts.

I was never high on Britneys songs. "Toxic" is the only one I can really stomach.

Christina on the other hand had awesome songs.

Not, whoever wrote Mandy Moore's latest album deserves a (Y). NOT pop-tart stuff, but brilliant.

I never quite understood why people bashed Spears' music so much. I mean, first off its pop music, but as far as pop music goes, her stuff was just as good as anything the Backstreet Boys or Nsync ever did. Though I agree with the statement that she will never be what she was. She has entered the same phase of her career that Madonna is in, and has been in for the past two or three decades. She's still "over" (to use a wrestling term), but will never be the top star in her industry again.

The one that gets me is Christina. I always found her to be more attractive, more orginal, a much better vocalist, and her albums were always themed, instead of just dance beats. I never understood why Christina wasn't bigger then she was. On the other hand, Many Moore never did anything vocally that made me like her, though she developed into a tolerable actor. That's more then Jessica Simpson can say, whom I've yet to find anything she is good at besides wearing a binki. It's pretty sad to say that Nick Lachey was the "talented one" in their marriage.

Christina Aguilera sounds about as good live as she does recorded; I saw her do an old school Billie Holiday song on some show a few years back, and it blew me away.

Britney Spears has done a few songs that were downright atrocious ("Oops, I Did It Again" comes to mind), but a few of them were songs that would be good if done by someone who actually has talent ("Lucky", "Stronger","Gimme More").

However, I will cop to liking "Toxic".

Agree with Mikel's comment about Jessica Simpson, however. Nick Lachey is actually a pretty decent singer, but Jessica comes across as fairly weak vocally. Mandy Moore is lucky she's a decent actress, because she's not that great a singer. If you don't believe me, look up her live in-studio cover of Rihanna's "Umbrella" that *may* have been done for Pepsi Smash; she sings it as a slower song, and it doesn't work that way, but she sounds awful on it regardless.

As for Christina's warbling, at least she's not quite as bad as Mariah Carey when it comes to that.....

Agree with Mikel's comment about Jessica Simpson, however. Nick Lachey is actually a pretty decent singer, but Jessica comes across as fairly weak vocally. Mandy Moore is lucky she's a decent actress, because she's not that great a singer. If you don't believe me, look up her live in-studio cover of Rihanna's "Umbrella" that *may* have been done for Pepsi Smash; she sings it as a slower song, and it doesn't work that way, but she sounds awful on it regardless.
Edited by YI