Since We Have A Topic On Canada's Worst Band...

Clawson

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's discuss the awesomeness of The Tragically Hip. Is their anything more Canadian then either a) sitting on a dock drinking a Canadian/Blue while listening to Up To Here or b) playing shinny while blaring Fifty Mission Cap or Lonely End of the Rink?

I forgot Billy Talent. I've only recently got into them but they're a fantastic band. A couple of weeks ago I went to buy one of their albums. Took a while to decide between I & II even though I didn't know any songs besides the singles. Eventually I went for Billy Talent II. A good decision I think.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Let's discuss the awesomeness of The Tragically Hip. Is their anything more Canadian then either a) sitting on a dock drinking a Canadian/Blue while listening to Up To Here or b) playing shinny while blaring Fifty Mission Cap or Lonely End of the Rink?

I think all you faggots had best shut your filthy opinion holes. Billy Talent aren't fit to lick the boots of Rush, you communist bastards.
I was going to mention Rush but I didn't want to take away from BT <3

I forgot Billy Talent. I've only recently got into them but they're a fantastic band. A couple of weeks ago I went to buy one of their albums. Took a while to decide between I & II even though I didn't know any songs besides the singles. Eventually I went for Billy Talent II. A good decision I think.
They're both awesome, their album as Pezz is VERY different, it's more childish punk than the unique punk that their other two albums are. The second album sounds more like an album but the first has some great raw emotion and contains my very favourite song, "River Below".

Edited by Dragsy 7-0

Classic Canadian Rock makes me want to puke.

I'm a proud Canadian, but if I had to save a hundred thousand people from the apocalypse, I'd leave them all out.

Robin Black is awesome Canadian rock. Todd Kerns is good, but unremarkable in every possible way. Crowned King is a lot of fun to listen to (and one of my favorite live bands), and Nim Vind is the best Canadian horror act in all of the WORLD! Errr... Canada.

The Tragically Hip have made me feel like murdering someone for as long as I can remember. I understand why people like them and all, but you couldn't pay me to enjoy those guys.

Good chance I'll be departed for saying this, but I have never been able to get into the Hip, just not my cup of tea.

But some of the Canadian bands I do dig are: Billy Talent (First CD > second), Sum-41, GOB, and a personal fav of mine.....The Arrogent Worms.

And I may not care about Finger Eleven or Three Days Grace, but they have been on top of the charts for 2007. Yay for some Canadian bands getting huge success outside the country.

But still....go listen to The Arrogent Worms....