YI And His Special Music Corner

YI

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick Cave is alright, though. <_<

So people are fapping about new Animal Collective? I'm stooooked.

Things I'm listening to(most inspired by Ringy's list or Pitchfork/Tiny Mix Tapes/some other magazines top 50/25/? for 2008):

Cut Copy

Hercules & Love Affair(not so much, but Blind is sick)

Harlem

Thomas Function

Titus Andronicus

Wave Pictures

Wavves

Mae Shi

M83

A shit load of new wonderful music. (nod)

New, New Found Glory single "Listen To Your Friends";

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FqvNx1Zb1tc

I was hoping for stuff closer to "Tip Of The Iceberg EP", but I knew that was never going to happen. Some half hearted gang vocals in the background at the end, that's as close as it gets. :(

It's alright, I guess. Typical NFG fair. I love the bridge. And on the brightside it seems a step more towards "Sticks & Stones"/"Catalyst" than "Coming Home", which can only be a good thing.

Edited by YI

There's certain days, where an album just speaks to you, and you final 'get it'. I mean, it's generally with albums you really like, but there's times where, for no apparent reason, it just twigs from a 'good' album to a 'FUCKING AMAZING' album (It happened with "Sink Or Swim" last year), and I had one such day today. I wont name the album/artist as it ruins my list (although this artist has put two, 'completely different' albums this year), but lets just say I'm taking a couple of days break from it, to see how things stand after that, as based on a huge amount of listening today (including playing it at my gran and grandas house, where people really enjoyed it, so that's a hint to the kind of album it is) it's went from #27 right into a top 10, maybe #5 spot.

There's certain days, where an album just speaks to you, and you final 'get it'. I mean, it's generally with albums you really like, but there's times where, for no apparent reason, it just twigs from a 'good' album to a 'FUCKING AMAZING' album (It happened with "Sink Or Swim" last year), and I had one such day today. I wont name the album/artist as it ruins my list (although this artist has put two, 'completely different' albums this year), but lets just say I'm taking a couple of days break from it, to see how things stand after that, as based on a huge amount of listening today (including playing it at my gran and grandas house, where people really enjoyed it, so that's a hint to the kind of album it is) it's went from #27 right into a top 10, maybe #5 spot.

I know who it is.

I know who it is.

Bet you don't. :shifty:

There's some stuff which got cut from the my list, which I feel really shit about not having on. Like; Wolf Parade, I Am Robot And Proud, Firewater, Of Montreal, No-Man, Parka, Keane, Jenny Lewis etc.

...AND WITB HIS FINGEWRS HE WOULD PUSH

AND WITHH HIS FINGERS HE WOULD PULL

AND WITH HIS FINGERS HE WOULD PUUSH

TO COME BACK UP!

CHOON!

HHey, anyone see that Quincy Jones thing on BBC4 tonight> my bro and I just watched it. FUCKING AMAZING! Bloke si a legend. Line ever tho "Ray Cahrles did heroin for 30 years"...hahahaa, fabulous. How the fuck he fing a vein?

Edited by YI

RICKOL CAN FUCK RiGHT OFF!!! THETY'VE RUIONED THE RIGHT HONOURABLE ASTLEHY!!!

SHE WANTS TO DANCE WITH ME!!! Where he basiacxally harrasses a waitress in the video, FABULOSU!!

Whenver You Needs Somebody, wooing women with aportable TV.

THE MAN WAS A FUCKIUNG LEGEND!!! RICKSOLL CAN FUCKING RIGHT OFF!! FUCK RIGHTR OFFF!!! FUCK OFF!!! GET OUT OF MTY THERWAD!!!

FUCK OFF!!!

:wub: